Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Modern MBT Question

Discussion in 'Post-World War 2 Armour' started by Boba Nette, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Careful with your jokes... :D

You mean the incestuous little clique that has been discribed as the most agrumentatitve bunch that (somebody - who was it?) knows? ;)

I am resisting the urge to get annoyed about your last line - it was a joke, I know.
    It just hits a nerve because we work hard to stop this forum being a venue to bash the US, and we do get accused of selectively editing with an anti-US bias. Which gets on my wick. :evil:
    This rant is not addressed to anybody in particular - it just came out. ;)

2. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It is seconded, too, because the presumed flaws of the admin you jokingly point out have also been thrown at us by another member, presently banned. The Admin has taken pains to assure said member that his accusations were not based on facts, and it is more than annoying to see the same empty words dished out once again.

Just because one member has been pointed out as the cause of a breach in forum guidelines doesn't mean the others are without fault. Both the accuser and the accused in most Admin actions behave as if this were true, but it is not.

3. Grieg

Grieg New Member

via TanksinWW2
    roel wrote:

What forum rule or guideline did I violate? Being the victim of multiple unwarranted personal attacks by the same individual? Show me where I called names or abused the individual in question. He simply didn't like what I had to say about the British tank nor the way that I say it. That is his problem, not mine, unless I violate forum conduct rules. Then I would expect to be reprimanded. It is revealing when a poster repeatedly ignores a warning to cease with the personal attacks and suffers no penalty for his abuse..instead his decision to voluntarily leave is bemoaned and the victim of his childish insults is reprimanded for provoking him. Incredible.

GP wrote:

followed by this :

Then this from GP:

It means that the US bragg about their capabilities, while other armies just get on with the job.

As for attacks on you, it is because you are a person who only sees what you want to.

then this:

For a person who claims to be a well trained marine you are incredibly militarily naive.

But there is more:

This was preceeded by more personal attacks and name calling..I seem to remember "tosser" being in there somewhere. At least it was a change from the "wanker" he used in his PM to me.

He ignored this warning as in the past yet now I'm having to defend myself to the Admin? Something is wrong with this picture. I won't make any accusations as to bias. I think GPs own words and then lack of any action (other than to point a finger at me for provocation) speaks volumes without my adding anything.

If choose to censure me for refusing to knuckle under quietly to crude bullying tactics and pointing out the abuse to a mod then I think that action also speaks volumes.

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think it is only your idea that you need to "defend yourself to the Admin", because the admin isn't accusing you of breaches of the forum guidelines at the level GP has shown in this thread. I was saying that things like

"For a person that has been warned twice about making personal attacks you are incredibly persistent."

do not contribute at all to the debate and serve only to aggravate the opposite party. Hence you should not write them, and hence even though GP did the insulting in this thread, there were also things you could and should have done differently. Warnings to him, advice to you.

GP has been reprimanded several times, and he has chosen to leave on his own accord. I do not see anything the Admin did wrong here.