Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Most Evil men of WW2

Discussion in 'Leaders of World War 2' started by KBO, Oct 14, 2004.

1. canambridge

canambridge Member

via TanksinWW2
    2ndLegion: I really don't think Hollywood had much to do with the events you mentioned and I'd love to know what current racist Hollywood stereotype you are referring to?

2. 2ndLegion

2ndLegion New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The Passion of the Christ is a Hoywood Movie by Holywood Movie Star Mel Gibson that encourages the stereotype of the jews killed Jessus by portraying it that way.

Holywood is encouraging that stereotype which has been as harmful as the blood libel or Protocols of the Elders of Zion through that movie.

I am not saying Holywood caused what happened in England or Jerusalem, but it is encouraging the stereotype of "Christ Killer".

Any movie maker has an obligation, although not a legal definately a morale one not to encourage hatred/ignorance/or be so negligent as to encourage hate without intending to do it.

Desert Wold I agree with you about it being ironic, although we disagree about the source of the hate.

3. DesertWolf

DesertWolf Member

via TanksinWW2
    So what is the source of hate?

Can you please tell me what religion you believe in? :)

4. canambridge

canambridge Member

via TanksinWW2
    I saw "Passion of the Christ". I didn't think it was anti-Jewish at all. I think I would be more insulted if I were an ancient Roman, they were the bad guys in my view, although temple priests didn't come across as nice guys either. In my view it was as anti-Italian as it was anti-Jewish.

5. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Actually it seemed fairly accurate in the telling. Jesus was set up by the Pharasees. The Romans did scourge him then offer the assembly the chance to free him, but his enemies managed to sway the crowd.
    Yes, it is unfortunate how some people interpret it.

The whole "they killed Christ" argument is stupid anyway. The whole point of Christ coming to earth is so that he could die for us, and be the sacrifice for all our sins. Technically, if we consider the Jews to be the ones who 'killed Christ', we should be joyously thanking them for helping prophesy to come true!

Incidently, among Jews the Nazi Holocaust is often referred to as the 'Second' Holocaust - the first being the Crusades, which typically killed more Jews en route to the Middle East than Muslims in the Middle East.

6. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    This whole thing still sounds a lot like someone made it up after it happened! :D

Actually, this was more or less my point. So what if Jesus was 'killed' by the Jews? Christians celebrate the idea that he died for their sins. They have images of him everywhere hanging on a cross dying, and they worship those images. What's the big deal about who killed him?

7. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Except for the prophecies beforehand... ;)

Yes! Well, technically, we do not worship those images (Pedantic Man returns) as that is idolatry, but the Christian faith is (to a large extent) based on that one act. If we did not go along with that, we'd basically be Jewish (without meaning to cause offence to any Jewish members who may find that insulting).
    Medieval Theologians were often very strange! ;)

8. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah, well, no one takes those nutcases seriously who say Nostradamus predicted the attacks of 9.11.01... :D Prophecies, puh!

That was my point! :lol:

9. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I don't think those in the line of fire would see the humor there, actually.

10. DesertWolf

DesertWolf Member

via TanksinWW2
    Said, not intended.
    The Arabs are known for their ability to find humour in their suffereings if that is any consolation to u :D

11. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Talk about evil, what about the Nazis doctor (help me with the name) who was conducting human experiments in the concentration camps. Or the Japanese Manchurian Unit 731 that conducted chemical and biological testing on chinese civilians and POWS, as well as live dissections (without analgesics and sedation) and exposure to extremes of temperatures and atmospheric pressures, horrifying.....
    Incredibly, when Japan surrendered, most of the commanders and "scientists" of Unit 731 were granted immunity by the US government, in return they turned over their research data over to the US military. This shameful act was hushed up by the US government. You won't find any of these hedious crimes mentioned either in the Japanese textbooks. Now you know why even today the Chinese have the utmost hatred and mistrust for the Japanese. Didn't they burn the Japs flags and rioted outside a Japanese embassy recently after losing a soccer match?

12. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Ah, yes - he was the guy who tried to create a siamese twin by sewing 2 gypsie children together. :evil: :angry:

13. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Dr Josef Megele.

He was never brought to justice, and it's believed he died somewhere in South America.

14. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    The problem with those horrible experiments is that apart from the cruel way in which the information was gathered, the results of the experiments are still of use to the scientific world. It is of course not in the least bit a justification, I am merely pointing out that using information at hand is not a crime, gathering this information through the suffering of others is. In fact now that the research has sadly been done, it would be a shame to throw away what was discovered - the victims would have suffered and died for nothing because modern scientists cannot morally bear using the information.

15. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I have no problem with gathering the fruit of inhumane "research", but I have a problem with those that are responsible getting away with it. If it's me, I will hunt them down, the way the Israelis secret services going after the Nazis that escaped to S. America after WWII.

16. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i believe he die in brasil, but not from old age, he drowned :eek: , the israelis did not belived and after some investigations , they did not have other option but to accept the death of the angel of death

17. liang

liang New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Incidentally, the US government were interested at the data not because of its scientific contributions to mankind. But because the US military was wary of the fact they were behind other nations in CB warfare research, the Japanese materials would keep them 1 step ahead of the Russians.

18. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, yes, most governments would do exactly the same.
    I bet us Brits fell over ourselves to get a look at the results.
    :cry:

19. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Remember operation Paperclip! The US government actively tried to get as many German scientists as possible to move to the US and start working for the American government. One of these was the great rocket scientist Werner von Braun.

20. 2ndLegion

2ndLegion New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Operation Paperclip was a mockery of justice.

Anyway tell the tens of thousands of jews murdered over us being "christ killers" the religious consulation.

The image of Jessus being killed by jews has proven itself time and again to be a major source of bigotry, and to cause death and destruction to jews, it is like the image of a gigantic big black brute raping young innocent white girls, even if there was a case of that happening in Virginia making a 4 hour movie about it with the stereotype being shown at every turn is unjustified morally, and would be encouraging the big black brute stereotype.

I am sure there have been white girls raped by black males over time, just like there have been black girls raped by white males but because of the historical proof showing the result of depicting the former it is not morally acceptable to do so.

It is an interesting religious point of view that if the jews killed jessus they were merely helping him to fulfill his mission (Which would significantly change what role Judas Hiscariot played at the last part of his life), but unfortunately we all know the basic interpretation.

Back on operation Paperclip, tha argument that "we needed it to defend ourselves from the USSR" is absurd.

In other words Japanese scientists who were in no way responsible for the atrocities of the Japenese army in Asia, were not needed alongside the German scientists who were often directly responsible for holaucaust atrocities to fight this urgent threat?

The Cold War was kept as a draw thanks to a balance of power, and the system MAD, not by the deal we made with the devil.