Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My collection

Discussion in 'Collections' started by VonBond, Apr 17, 2010.

1. VonBond

VonBond Member

Hi, I thought I would post my collection, a few items at a time. I am starting with a montage shot of my 1930's-40's pith helmet collection and a montage of some my German ww2 tropical helmet shields.

Jerry

numbered 1-9 like a phone key pad, they are
    1,German luft, 2, German heer, second pattern, 3,Italian m1928 with KM badges, 4,German KM-probably, 5,German luft, 6,Italian M1928, badged for Infantry school, 7, British Wolseley pattern, theater badged for RAF-1930's, 8, British army issue, 1941/42, 9, USN contract 1940's.

Attached Files:

Slipdigit, Kai-Petri and Skipper like this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I'm jealous and I want those!

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

All very nice jerry, good collection....

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice collection of Tropical stuff, keep em coming friend.

5. VonBond

VonBond Member

Hi and thanks to all. If you insist, some more tropical stuff, first 2 mint dak cap eagles and a luft tropical shirt eagle.

Jerry

Attached Files:

6. VonBond

VonBond Member

And a few more items, my tropical blitz collection, I need two more colors to have them all and a 1960's item, using up some of the masses of surplus tropical helmet items still available then, original pith shields on a display card.

Thanks, Jerry

Attached Files:

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I used to collect Eagles as well but lost interest some years ago. I had some nice Kriegsmarine ones and ll mint ;-)) I gave my Enlistedmans breast eagle to Hans Goebeler of U 505 fame) sometime before he passed away. He loved having it ;-))

Forgot to mention that you have a nice Signals Blitz collection going. I only have one and for the Waffen SS and have been wanting to get the Army ones for sometime now.

8. VonBond

VonBond Member

Those are just the tropical types, I have a few others and I have more eagles, some of which are attached to this post.

Jerry

Attached Files:

9. VonBond

VonBond Member

A couple more dak/trop items, a sand cammo ammo tin, 1940 dated, and a dak/trop water bottle with the web fittings, 1942 dated.

Thanks Jerry

Attached Files:

10. VonBond

VonBond Member

And two more Dak/trop items, some field cammo binos and a web belt and the buckle that came with it, though when they came together.

Thanks, Jerry

Attached Files:

Erich likes this.
  11. VonBond

VonBond Member

And two more, this time both items are very rarely seen. The Dak/trop canvas washing bowl and a Luft tropical canvas water carrier. I've seen Heer versions of this, but this is the only luft version that I know off.

Jerry

Attached Files:

12. VonBond

VonBond Member

And two more, the first is a dak/trop gas cape bag, fairly common, but the second is another very rare/uncommon item, KM trop em's shoulder straps.

Jerry

Attached Files:

13. VonBond

VonBond Member

Two more items from my collection, A Coastal artillery summer tunic and a Luftwaffe tropical tunic, with owners nametage and some period tailoring modifications (I assume they are period, but they might not be). It is sadly missing its breast pocket flaps, though I have made some temporary replacements (not shown), until I can get some originals or some original fabric.

Jerry

Attached Files:

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Believe me, im drooling over your Signals Blitz collection. My one really is weak collection of them ;-))

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Nice boards. I had a pair of LW tropical Signals Enlistedmans boards. Gave them away years ago.

16. VonBond

VonBond Member

Shame you dont still have them as thats what I want for my luft tropical tunic. I thought I might match it to the Wehrpass attached to this post, he was mostly in signals but was also transferred to Herman Goering Division, panzer pioneers and artillery regiment. He served on Crete, Sicily and Italy, including Salerno.
    I've also attached images of my PanzerArmeeAfrika Kalender 1943, which was brought back by the same vet as the wehrpass.

Jerry

Attached Files:

sunny971 likes this.
  17. VonBond

VonBond Member

Two pics of my Dad in the desert, serving with the Royal signals during WWII. I have his medals and his cap badge, the bakelite type.

Jerry

Attached Files:

18. VonBond

VonBond Member

Some more eagles from my collection, first some flatwire and a bullion heer, then 4 bevo and a late war embroidered heer, then some luft, a continental embroidered, an early bevo and 2 HBT.

Jerry

Attached Files:

Kai-Petri likes this.
  19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Jerry, great other items a well. I have not yet bought any water bottles, belts, bread bags etc, but are intending too sometime. Also, if interested? I do know who still has those tropical enlistedmans boards. I can ask about them if you wish? Also, I know someone who has a LW tropical tie too. I gave that tie away years ago too.

20. VonBond

VonBond Member

I used to have a more few belts and other equipment, but I've only got trop types these days, though I still have plenty of not trop stuff in my collection-I've only posted a % so far.
    The boards and the tie would be of interest, but it's a shame I did'nt know you when they were free, but if they are available, maybe they wont want 'silly' money for them.
    Here is my luft bread bag and strap.
    Thanks, Jerry

Attached Files:

C.Evans likes this.