Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My collection

Discussion in 'Collections' started by VonBond, Apr 17, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Good additions and, ill call up the Gent with the boards this evening after I get back home. Ill see if he would still be willing to get rid of them. He ows me a favor and you still might get them for free even though I know they are scarcer than Hens Teeth. The tie ill also check intot o make sure the other gent still has it? I got this as a freebie too several years ago-just never had developed an interest in tropical (dont have the spare funds anyway) so I concentrated on Continental Europe stuff-mainly Eastern Front ;-))

Ill let you know wnything soon as I get an aye or nay.

Take care-_Carl.

VonBond likes this.
  2. VonBond

VonBond Member

A couple of pics, with the same guy-I think- in both pics, but noticed the fading. He has the Afikakorps cufftitle.

Jerry

Attached Files:

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Funny boots are those German? They almost look like French officer boots from the 1930s. Could they be reused captured ones?

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

am diggin the pics of the bino's Jerry, now have made the connection with your Fathers service .

great collection of Afrika Korp materials. now what we need but you may have alaready is a pic of a German Kriegsmarine sailor with the Afrika Korp cuff title in wear. I have one somewhere in my own collection hiding.......

great stuff, the Pith Helmets are superb.....

5. VonBond

VonBond Member

German tropical boots, there are about 3 different versions, plus luft and SS versions.

Jerry

6. VonBond

VonBond Member

Two more from my collection, Zeiss bino's with waffenamt stamps and a compass, with the late war reversed dial.

Jerry

Attached Files:

7. VonBond

VonBond Member

Some more cloth, my Afrikakorps cuff title, some trade badges for heer and 1 luft, then some km.

Jerry

Attached Files:

Slipdigit likes this.
  8. VonBond

VonBond Member

And some more items, two commemorative tankards, one of Monty and one made from a shell case from North Africa, with a map of the later campaign engraved on it.

Thanks for all who have said good things about my collection.

Jerry

Attached Files:

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sehr Kühl Jerry, you can't go wrong with WW 2 era bino's, hows the quality of the optiks by the way ?

great looking A. Korp cuff band

10. VonBond

VonBond Member

A rarely seen item, a pair of German Field Marshals Shoulder strap batons, they are 1st pattern, with most of the silver finish worn away and one is missing two of its pins. I had them authenticated recently and valued and I was shocked at the money they are worth, though nothing compared to most SS stuff.

Enjoy, Jerry

Attached Files:

11. VonBond

VonBond Member

Hi Erich, the optiks are good, with the range finder scale. The AK cuff is the early version, with the green edge, rather than the later and more common tan version.

Jerry

12. VonBond

VonBond Member

Here are a few more items, A KM tunic eagle, bullion type, 4 chevrons, 2 luft HBT, a Luft continental, and a KM example. Also some rank pips for the Heer and luft, 3 tropical, 3 green HBT, I tan HBT and some continental wool.

Jerry

Attached Files:

13. VonBond

VonBond Member

Two luft cap eagles, an early type with a droop tail, made of aluminium, by F.Sch.L and a mid/late war type by B&N L., made from a war time alloy.
    Also some ribbon bars, from both world wars, including EK and eastern front, westwall, service cross and long service award.

Jerry

Attached Files:

14. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

wow, Jerry you got quite an impressive collection. Very nice. I really like your Deutsche Afrika Korps collection. The binoculars, and the Afrika Korps Armee kalander are my particular favorites. Really neat collection. Thanks for showing us.

15. VonBond

VonBond Member

Hi Suzie and thanks. Trop/Dak is my main interest, but I have ended up with all sorts of other stuff over the years. Here are my 3 Tommy helmets, the first is a post ww2 reused by the dutch army, though dated 1943 on the brim, then a first war mk1, missing its brim trim and liner/strap and a ww2 British army example, with partialy remaining brown on green cammo.

Also some more trop related items, though the papers and the cigarette tin were probably used everywhere.
    Jerry

Attached Files:

16. VonBond

VonBond Member

Here are some 'political' items. A walking stick with a badge from 1933 showing Hitler as chancellor, a SA buckle, in relic condition and a SS dagger blade, in similar condition, made by Boker.

Jerry

Attached Files:

Kai-Petri likes this.
  17. VonBond

VonBond Member

I only have a few medals left from a collection of over 50 that I used to have. They are a very nice KVK mitt swerter, II klasse, an EKI, denazed and two would badges, one relic silver and one denazed silver or gold.

Jerry

Attached Files:

sniper1946 and Erich like this.
  18. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

beautiful KvK 2 Jerry, am sure you noted my new one with doc in the other thread. do you have Ukrundes with these awards by any chance ?

19. VonBond

VonBond Member

I used to have a few, including 4 for a single man, including 1 signed by a general der panzertruppen, also a first war group, including his hindenburgh cross and a kvk. I only have one left, a black wound badge.

Jerry

PS I saw your KVK and the others with the docs, very good.

Attached Files:

20. VonBond

VonBond Member

A couple of more items from my collection, an unissued gas mask can strap and some paper items, a hand book for Gi's in the UK, a condensed novel owned by a US engineer and a guide for home guard and service personal on german uniforms and insignia.

Jerry

Attached Files: