Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My Custom Made WW2 style Wargame

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games' started by Herr Marshal 1945, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Herr Marshal 1945

Herr Marshal 1945 New Member

hello, i've made some rules time and time over the years using plane toy army men as opposed to expensive 28mm miniatures due to expense reasons, my play testers seem to think its okay, its not a completed game and its actually abstract, its set during the 2 world wars period and features 4 factions based on those from the latter era; the Empire, the Alliance, the Reich and the Union, i'm sure you can guess whose who. i'm looking for personal feed back, no playtesting required at this point i just want to see if the rules are good without testing them just yet. if interested please pm me so i can send you the rules, thanks in advance best wishes

Otto likes this.
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

Is the game tactical, operational, or strategic? Does a figure represent a man, a section/team, a squad, a platoon, or higher? Consider options for various other figure scales. I haven't looked at WW2 figures recently but a lot of gamers went to 15mm or even 6mm figures due to cost considerations.

3. Herr Marshal 1945

as i said i used toy army men, which is about 54mm, it is tactical as my preferred setup is 9 men of 3 different classes supported by either a commander or command team. so in terms of the squads it goes like this; 1 reach squad consisting of 3 grenadiers, 3 machine gunners and 3 shock troops with either 1 commander or 1 commander with 2 subcommanders, that's my preference in setting up. i don't go on any larger games than skirmish ones, these rules are actually also adaptable for 3.75'' action figures, that version is meant to be more character oriented per say an indiana jones type adventure, would you like me to send you an incomplete copy

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'll help. :D

My email is in my signature, or PM me.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

Sounds like and odd cross of Palladium's Recon/Revised Recon/Deluxe Recon RPG and Avalon Hill's Firepower boardgame.

6. Herr Marshal 1945

hi, i provided one or two copies, incomplete but anyone tried them yet

7. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Still in Christmas recovery mode. I'll respond via email when I get time. :)