Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My fathers documents - am I missing anything?

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by KodiakBeer, Dec 7, 2012.

1. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I promised to relay the info from the researcher when I got it and ... zip! The information is a collection of Company Morning Reports, very few of which contain my fathers name. The morning report lists location on a given day, the strength of the company, the morale ("fair" "good"), promotions, replacements reporting in and so forth. It does NOT include Company deployments - "D" company is the heavy weapons company which was normally spread out among the rifle companies, for example the HMG platoon might be with "A" Company on a given day, while mortars might be with "B" and you don't get even that kind of info. It does not include medals and awards, either.

This might be useful to somebody who wanted the daily locations of a family member through the ETO, but since I already have the Battalion and Regiment unit histories which cover the same ground in far more voluminous detail, it is nearly useless to me.

There was no info on the wound rec'd on 29 December, 44.

Anyway, I'm disappointed...