Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My Recent Trip to Normandy

Discussion in 'Living History' started by ProudGrandson, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Michelle. If you have time don't forge tto check the regular cemeteries. Many of those (inclunding in my very hometime) have Canadian war graves, mostly RCA, and most people are not aware of that and go to the war cemeteries only. you can spot the right place immediatley when you see a see a CWGC sign (they may also have other Nationalities from the Commonwealth) on the main gate. In small villages these are on the main road so you won't even have to stop your car to spot such a place. There are also many small memorial dedicated to Canadians that are not mentionned , but are all the more interesting to see.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Bravo ProudGrandson. I'm sure your Grandfather is proud of you for taking the trip. Cheers.

3. cruachan

cruachan Member

Thank you so much for your post and sharing your photographs.

Kind regards

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Does anybody know the exact location and or name of this castle? It's got to be near Bayeux. If yes I could possibly find a "now and then" comparison picture. I'm not sure but knowing the place could help my search. :)

5. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Thanks, Skipper. Since my Dad was RCA that is really important to me to know. I'll remember.

Michelle

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You are welcome, when you know the area of your destination , let me know and I will send you a lists of places to see that involves Canadians.