Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Recuiting?

Discussion in 'Non-World War 2 History' started by Revere, Nov 4, 2007.

1. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It's an old story here, JC. The sidetracks our discussions take in this forum are little short of monumental. :cool:

2. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think it would be a bad idea to leave the privilege of judgment to a being that is neither visible nor tangible. Yes, I do think it right for people to judge me by what I do, and I choose my path in life in the hope that my actions are considered good, first of all by myself, and secondly by the people whose opinion I care about. Of course, I don't believe there is a god, which is why judgment automatically lies with men in my eyes, but that doesn't mean I value moral judgments any less than you do.

I imagine you would want God to find you a good person, am I right?

3. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    I want God to find me to be a good and faithful servant, for that is who will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Men are not good, but sinners; this applies to even to the most devout Christians. Humanity is still under the curse Adam and Eve incurred for their disobedience of God in the Garden of Eden.

4. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yep.

5. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    actually greta van sustrin has been covering a missing black woman for the last week or so .

. news outlets cover the news that people want to hear about ,i agree with you all that covering the misadventures of nichole ,paris ,britteny and lindsey is a huge waste of our time but most people are simpletons and they love real life juicy celebrity drama above all else .whats more intresting ,enron stealing billions or oj simson stealing his old football jersey back ? winona stealing a gucci bag or chinese hackers cleaning out the data base at lawrence livermore labs ?

if any of you would care to start up a proper news outlet that deals only in real life issues of actual importance like health care ,immigration ,climate change , trade imbalence ,govt waste ,public school reform and famines in africa , be prepared to go out of business in about eleven minutes .remember, newsmen dont decide what is newsworthy ,the consumer market does ..and lets face it ,this market is not made up of rhoads scholars and phds

6. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I remember watching Larry King interview Dan Rather several years ago. King asked Rather why there is so much bad news being focused on. Rather told him that reporters like to cover good news just as much as bad news but they can sell good news because the general public just doesn't care as much.

People will pay closer attention to a bombing or a deadly tornado than they will to a report about a team who over comes all odds to win the Little League World Series. :roll:

7. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well, we've got the off-topic ball we might as well run with it... :D

Is God a 'He'? :eek:

8. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i notice that even very devout christians tend to become belivers in darwin when they have to rush a family member to the hospital and get them treated with a new upgraded penicillen or the like , which has been developed to overcome the rapid effects of natural selection among baterial microbes .evolution writ fast and large before our eyes because of the super fast life cycle of microbes .

of course , if science fails and the person dies the family will revert to the shamans at the altar to insure their loved one is admitted to that place where jews ,muslims , atheists and hindus are forbidden .and lets face it ,the wrong kind of christians are also gonna be blackballed , the kingdom of heaven has lots of complicated rules and regulations .

9. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Anyone ever notice how shooting seem to happen all within close proximity to each other ? Could this just be the media and/or copycat shootings ?

10. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    media frenzy and world attention most definately contribute to copycat shootings ,imo.

11. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    It is a factor, no doubt, though how much of one probably varies from shooter to shooter.

12. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2