Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

No Pacific Fleet

Discussion in 'What If - Pacific and CBI' started by tikilal, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

That makes it about as far as Alabama is from Bagdad! Quite a bit extended to run a campaign, isn't it?

Those Japanese were a bit stretched too much along the Pacific, lucky for them they changed their minds about going to Siberia too. Well, in 1945 Siberia came to them but that's another matter :D

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Bama to Baghdad, that's quite a fur piece! You can't p-o us Bubbas, we'll come getcha, we're all armed, ya know.

3. Seadog

Seadog Member

To clarify my earlier statement, I think that they would have to take the philipines. Australia would not be an attractive target, but would be isolated to prevent it from being used by the Allies as a base. Midway would be attacked to provide a key base against attacks from the Americas. If there were no navy at Hawaii, they could blockade the islands into submission and just maintain their forces at Pearl for a advanced base. Then they could have used their submarines to attack any ships going through the canal and to attack San Diego and San Francisco shipping. Whether or not they could have done all of this, I do not know, but it would seem to me the best military plan based on the forces involved.

4. FramerT

FramerT Ace

The original poster in this Thread said the US fleet was in the Atlantic. I don't think the US would have let the Japanese invade Midway without some kind of fight. Much less get anywhere close to Hawaii.

5. Roddoss72

Roddoss72 Member

The japanese would be in command of all the Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii and may have fortified bases in the Aleutian Islands and on the Alaskan mainland as well, certainly there would be no supply convoys to the Soviet Union through Persia, unless via the Cape. Also the knock on affect is the dominance of the Japanese in the Indian Ocean. I know this senario ain't perfect but it is a thought.

6. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

[​IMG]

German Moon Base

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I believe that Mr. Teriziski has been standing in the moonlight too long, Za.

8. skunk works

skunk works Ace

He/They finally got their "living room" (Leibensraum), too bad there's no air.
    Happy Trails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.