Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Normandy beaches tour

Discussion in 'Normandy Landing Beaches' started by Cabel1960, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    Hello all, next year we are hoping to tour Normandy, especially the beaches and its surrounds. Would i be advised to book with a tour agent or make the trip on our own? We are studying what areas we want to visit now in the chance we make the tour without assistance.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
  3. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    My Wife and i have visited Normandy on a number of occasions and always made it on our own. I always felt that if i needed to spend more time at certain locations then going on a tour was not for us. Plus it takes away all the excitement of the visit. :smirk: The first time we went we didn't book any accommodation, we found digs where ever we ended up at tea time. Thou on the other occasions we did book accommodation. The book and map from Major and Mrs Holt's is a must if you do decide to visit without going through an agency. :thumb:

4. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    Thanks for the response guys, though i doubt we have the confidence to go it alone, especially without making prior arrangements for our digs. Major and Mrs Holt's information will surely be coming with us when we do make our visit as it is very similar to what we was talking about when making our plans.