Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Norway under attack

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Jaeger, Jul 22, 2011.

1. belasar

belasar Court Jester

It just goes to show what a single determined man can do. Thank god Al Queada prefer complicated plots.

2. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Many condolences to the affected families, friends and to the nation as a whole.

Norway seems like one of the last places these kinds of events would ever occur. It is strange that man perpetrates this kind of horror on his own kind at all.

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Was there no one on the island armed besides him?

4. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I heard on the morning news that a second person was sought for questioning, but still unsure if involved.

5. Clementine

Clementine Member

This is horrible, for those killed, their families and for Norway. There just is no reason for something like this.
    It is insanity.

Condolences to our friends in Norway.

6. RAM

RAM Member

No, there were no armed guards on the island. Every year the Norwegian Labor Party's youth organization arrange a summer camp on this island, this is well known in Norway.
    The gunman had first parked a car with the ammonium nitrate bomb, approximately 1000 pound according to the latest estimates from the police, outside the Department of Justice in central Oslo. The Prime Minister also has his office in this building.
    After activating a time delay fuse the gunman headed for the Utøya Island and the Labor Party's summer camp, heavily armed and dressed like a police officer. On his way to the island the bomb in central Oslo went off, resulting in a lot of commotion. When he arrived to the location where the Utøya ferry boat lies, he claimed to be a member of the counter terrorist force and ordered the captain to ship him to the island. Well ashore on the island he started shooting, and kept on shooting for an hour and a half. It was like shooting chicken in a farm yard, there were nowhere to run on this small island.
    Some youths jumped into the water and started swimming towards the mainland shore half a mile away, but the water is cold and you have to be an able swimmer to have a chance to get across to the other shore. Several people were also shot trough their heads while swimming, others are believed to have drowned from exhaustion.
    Seven people are still missing from the explosion in central Oslo, so are a number of people at the Utøya Island.
    So far 30 people are reported injured and a total of 95 are reported dead.

EDIT: According to the latest news the police don't think there is a second suspect.

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Thanks RAM

8. fredleander

fredleander Member

Please, RAM.....this isn't the way...;).....​

urqh and Jaeger like this.
  9. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

10. fredleander

fredleander Member

11. RAM

RAM Member

Perhaps not, but we have to face the facts. This country is not the Garden of Eden it once was.
    I knew it, I knew we had it coming. At some point the dam will burst. There is a growing unrest about the way the arrogant leftwingers run this country, it resembles more and more a banana republic. The PM and his administration are putting their friends and relatives into important positions in finance, media, law enforcement and state administration.

Check this link: ‪'Multikulti backfired with carnage as Norway gunman turned on his own'‬‏ - YouTube

12. fredleander

fredleander Member

Is that a new thing.....or anything special for the Norwegian Labour Party...?​

13. Mehar

Mehar Ace

Truly a tragic event, my condolences to the friends, families, and even strangers of those impacted.

14. Phantom of the Ruhr

Phantom of the Ruhr Member

[video=youtube;Bb2fTQO31GQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb2fTQO31GQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

15. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

there were some rather disturbing photos posted today here in Montana. The man in full gear, and other "outfits" he must have found to reflect his own position.

Goto:

Image : Norway suspect wanted European anti-Muslim crusade

I
    hope this compilation ins't photo shopped or something. If so, I didn't do the deed.

16. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

A person died today in hospital due to the injuries he sustained by the terrorist attack at Utøya, which brings the total of dead at Utøya up to 86, 4-5 are still missing. The total killed in both attacks is now 93.
    People are still missing in Oslo.
    There was a cop hired as a guard at Utøya, although he was not armed and did not have any protection, so he was just like the others: Helpless. He has been confirmed killed.
    The terrorist used "Dum-Dum" bullets.

I live 20 min away from Utøya, I only hope none of the people I know are wounded/dead.
    One of the boys who were killed is a friend of my sister's.

17. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Ace

How can you hire a guard, and not give him the ability to guard anything? Basically, they hired a chaperone.

Sorry to hear about that, Collector. Hope your sister is handling it okay. Y'all are in our prayers over here.

18. Phantom of the Ruhr

Phantom of the Ruhr Member

A shame he'll probably never be on the receiving end of one.

19. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Different country, differing view on protection. Is not most British police unarmed, here even the county constable is packing serious 'heat'

20. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

A friend of mine is living near Oslo and he told methat the hospitals at the city of Oslo had not enough capacity for all the victims and they transferred some to his town hospital where his wife is working. And there are a lot of missing persons too!

That would be to nice for him!