Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Norway under attack

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Jaeger, Jul 22, 2011.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

While it is difficult to find any "silver lining" in this tragedy, this down-grading of numbers of victims is at least a slight positive.

OSLO, Norway (AP) -- Police have lowered the death toll in the youth camp massacre outside the Norwegian capital to 68, down from 86.
    Police spokesman Oystein Maeland said that higher, erroneous figure emerged as police and rescuers were focusing on helping survivors and securing the area.
    Maeland also said the death toll in the bomb blast in Oslo before the shootings had gone up to eight, from seven. That puts the total number of people confirmed killed in the twin attacks at 76, down from 93.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It's tragic , the fact that it was on an island made it difficult for the rescue team to get there. To make things worse their boat wouldn't start and they had to wait for another one.

I also heard on the news that the murderer would face a maximum of 21 years.... That's less than 3 months for every victim....

3. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

And that complete idiot thought he could tell the court what his reasons were in front of cameras with a great TV-Show and him as a star!!! Ummmpf, what a dirtbag!

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

While it is true that under Norwegian law, Mr. Breivik faces a maximum of 21 years in jail if convicted, let's not forget that sentence can be extended if a prisoner is deemed a threat to the public. When you think about it, this may make it a true "life without parole" type of sentence. Charles Manson comes up for parole every seven years, but Charlie is going to die in prison without doubt, and he was responsible for far fewer deaths than Mr. Breivik.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

" He said that what he did was horrible BUT necessary..." Wonder if he loaned that from Himmler. And he wanted to wear some uniform for the court. Napoleon,perhaps? :( :(

6. RAM

RAM Member

Even if I'm shocked and appalled by the dimensions of the event, I'm not surprised. As I said before; We had it coming, it was just a question of time.
    This leftist government in office are ateists and non-beleivers most of them. Some of them are old communist hardliners from the cold war in the sixties and seventies when they cried for armed revolution against the establishment, admiring mass murderers like Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung and Pol Pot. Now they finally got what they asked for, but the whole picture is turned upside-down. Today the leftists are the establishment.

For some strange reason those ateist leftists have found their soulmates in muslim fundamentalists and terrorists around the world, spending billions of Norwegian Kroners on funding. Muslim fundamentalists and terrorists have found a safe haven i Norway, created by those leftist non-beleivers. The latter seems to have forgotten that Norway is a Christian nation, not a muslim state:

Norway: We're going to directly fund Hamas

If we imagine the following backdrop; at the last election the opposition, not the leftists, won by some 50 000 votes (Norway is a small nation so that is quite a lot), but somehow they managed to manipulate the system so they remained in office (no kidding!). During the last two terms in office the leftists have put their trusted friends and relatives into vital positions in finance, media, law enforcement and state administration, so even if the oppostion wins the election at the next crossroads the leftists will still have their moles in the system undermining the politics of the opposition.
    Now those ateist hypocrites are sitting in the church crying and praying, but like one Swedish politician put it: Norway is the last Soviet state!

7. fredleander

fredleander Member

Seems his lawyer is going for an insanity plea. Problem is if his client shall go along with it. Sort of pulls the rug under him.

Fred​

8. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I confess I know little of politics in Norway, But I cannot see this act as being a benefit to the conservative side. A act of madness/terrorism cannot be defended, and only cheapens the argument it is based on.

9. lwd

lwd Ace

If he is considered criminally and dangerously insane can't they just lock him in a private padded cell somewhere and periodically evaluate him as still dangerous?

10. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I believe that is basically what his lawyer expressed, and/or meant when he stated that the man would never be allowed to walk in the world as a free man again.

11. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hi Gents,

Has the name Glenn Beck any meaning to you? The only meaning it has to me is that he must be a absolute giant dumba$$!!!

Here is what he wrote to the massacre. Sorry i translated it from Norwegian to english via Google translater. It is hard enough for me to translate this language to german.

Glenn Beck compares OPEN (Youth of the Workers' Party) and Hitler Youth
    The conservative American radio host Glenn Beck compares the young people who were killed on Utøya, with the Hitler Youth.
    Beck, who earlier commentator conservative TV channel Fox News, and a trailer of the Tea Party movement, says that the youth camp of the UP has disturbing similarities with the Nazi youth organization.
    -That was a shooting at a political camp, which reminds me of the Hitler Youth. I mean, who arranged a youth camp with a political background, which is troubling, says Beck, in his nationwide radio show, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Humiliation

Torbjørn Eriksen, former employees of the State Minister Jens Stoltenberg called the statement a new humiliation for the controversial commentator who will be forced to apologize for the rebels words
    -Young people have gathered in more than 60 years Utøya to learn to be a part of democracy, that is exactly opposite to the Hitler Youth, Eriksen says the Daily Telegraph.
    -Becks's comments ignorant, wrong and very hurtful, he adds.

Fascist Pig

Aarebrot pollsters Frank, himself a member of the Labor Party, was according to Dagblad (in Norwegian newspaper) upset when he heard the comment.
    -He is a fascist. Only a fascist would say something like that. The man is a pig, he says about the famous and influential commentator in conservative circles.

-Beck is a vulgar propagandist, is trying to make about Joseph Goebbels, he said, adding that the words are a chilling example of how American voters are attracted to the wrong path because they believe the statement is not objective.
    Beck, who is so extreme that he was forced to stop at the very conservative Fox News has become in recent years, a split personality in American politics.

Forced to apologize

Last year he had to apologize for having called President Obama a racist who hates white people and white culture, and later he has been Obama's daughter Maila ridiculous.
    In February, he had to apologize opposite the direction of reform within Judaism after having compared them with radical Islam.

But he refused to apologize after he has done so, as he spukke in the live TV camera after a campaign about the awareness of breast cancer, where Meghan, the daughter of Senator John McCain appeared with a naked upper body.
    Beck said that she should wear the burqa and that she was not attractive. Senator McCain has survived cancer themselves.

Own analysis

Comment on the radio about Utøya he made it clear that he sees no difference between Breivik and the person behind the assassination of the 11th September was bad and that Breivik was just like Osama bin Laden.

On the other hand, he supported the by and large Geert Wilder's view that Europe would slowly suffocated by Islam.
    He also gave his own analysis about the difference between the left-right axis between Europe and the U.S. announced
    Lt. Beck is the leftmost in the U.S. trailer of a big state, while the outer, the rights of states as small as preferred option would have.

In Europe, however, stood the far left, so the Communists and the extreme right, as fascists or Nazis for a big state and all other variations for this theory.
    And Breivik, he says, represents just the right side that wants a big state.

This crazy-making, what do fascists and executes a Terroraschlag in order to fight for a big state.
    Himself a camp organized
    Beck appears surprised that organize political movements, a camp for teenagers. He has in his 9 / 11 did exactly the same project in order to "revive the American spirit again" after the U.S. was attacked.

Those who arrange the so-called Great Liberty Schools (Summer School for freedom) in several states, say the Daily Telegraph that the children learn from just eight years, a stint on religion, economics and political principles, which is supported by the Tea Party.

Here´s the original Link to that weirdo:

Glenn Beck sammenligner AUF med Hitlerjugend | ABC Nyheter

12. lwd

lwd Ace

You nailed it in one. Talk show host who gives real conservatives a bad name. See:
    Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If I were to make comparisons I might be comparing him to another individual discussed in this thread.

13. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Beck is not my cup of tea, no pun intended, but he does have a fairly large and loyal following. Sometimes he sounds quite reasonable at other times you wonder if anyone is watching his meds. In my opinion the culprit is the 24 hour 'News' cycle. Pundits on both sides must respond right now to any event. A little time to pause and reflect would do us all a world of good.

14. Clementine

Clementine Member

Like the rationale used by people who protest abortion, because they say it is murder, killing abortion doctors. It is madness. There is no sane, intelligent argument for this. I fail to see how anything has been gained, or is ever gained by such acts, other than the notoriety it brings, which is a factor, I am sure.

I wish I had something profound to add to the discussion, but I don't. This is just so very frightening and sad.

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

remember all it is Becks right to act like an Ass, whether we believe his derogatory remarks we have the chocie to do or not. funny I thought the guy was having his show pulled so he could go into used car sales.

16. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Here is the best take on Beck, and sadly for those who love him it is done in parody by none other than Jon Steward on a Comedy Show.

I hate to admit it, but the only part of any Glenn Beck broadcast (radio or TV) has been filtered through Jon Steward and the Comedy Channel. Steward regrets the departure of Glenn Beck from Fox News, since he was such an easy target. Check out all the sublinks on the sidebar.

Goto:

Intro - Jon Tells the Truth While Wearing Glasses - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/07/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

17. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

18. Clementine

Clementine Member

When I was reading about Beck's statement yesterday the thought went through my mind that, like the age old question about the chicken and the egg, which came first, the celebrity or the insanity?

I appreciate discussion of differing opinions and the participants standing up for their viewpoint, but once they cross over the line of disrespect where anyone who doesn't agree is considered ignorant and evil, that's where they lose me.

I was never a great fan of Beck's but he seemed normal enough for a while until he got a large following and began with the crying and whining, and now this. (Is this what fame does to people, or are they just lunatics waiting to happen?) Another unfathomable thing going on here, who could ever think that an analogy involving Hitler is proper or is going to be well received?

brndirt1 likes this.
  19. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

as I posted earlier ............ he has the right to be an Ass, a media one at that. let him lie. and quit watching any of his programs or any other political right types. what a waste of time. the question of course beckons for Herr Beck, wonder what his exclamations would have been had he lost a son/daughter in similar circumstances ?

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I agree with Erich here. The less we give them headlines the sooner they disappear...