Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama has won

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by cross of iron, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard

Richard Expert

Just saw the news and gun sales in America have gone up! :eek:

Is Mr Obama planning to upset you gun owners?

2. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Hi Richard. From what I heard, he would like to ban Automatic and Semi-automatic weapons, and possibly any weapon capable of being concealed. The last bit sounding a bit open ended to me. Concealed how? Under a shirt? Coat? Trench coat? I don't think any legislation banning all three would pass through Congress, definitely an Automatic ban will.

3. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Yeah, that's kinda vague. Concealed in my home?

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

in truth all hand held firearms will be abolished, the NRA will be banned, gun sales and shops will be Finis and then weapons will be sold and purchased underground .........don't think the future Pres would wish this nor has forseen but .....

5. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Oh dear, here we go.

redcoat likes this.
  6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Stefan it isn't old news refurbished it is something the future Pres and his cabinet are going to have to work out and that will be with the American people...............I live in a somewhat backwoodsey environment and this has really struck a nerve with many locals

7. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I don't think so either. I'm merely pointing out that rather than blame Americans for McDonald's (or any other American company or product) that they personally dislike, they should simply not buy that company's product. If enough of their countrymen agree with them, the company will no longer do business in their country, and the problem will be solved.

I'm not insulted if they don't like McDonald's; I don't like the chain, nor it's food, either, and I never buy McDonald's stuff if there is ANY alternative to starving!

8. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

I think that's a little"over the top", but I fully expect the President-elect to try something stupid along the lines of Bill Clinton's unmourned Gun Control law which recently expired due to a "sunset" clause. It took the Democratic Party 30 years to learn that gun control is a non-starter with the American electorate and President-elect Obama will probably have to learn all over again. If he does try to implement this sort of thing, along with some of his more radical ideas, he will probably end up a one-term president

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

that is my point DA, if He does try and implement he will have a rush against him. He has 4 years, that is alot of time, much depends on the man's boldness

10. Firefoxy

Firefoxy Dishonorably Discharged

No really, Australia is really called
    'the lucky Country" we are very young and more freash, I don't know how it came about but most times some one will mention Australia as -The land down under or The lucky country.

HA HA-Yes i heard that britain isn't britain anymore, don't think there's no britain culture left at all.
    I think it was America that choose to go different from Britain, so that means America is driving on the wrong side of the road.:D

11. Firefoxy

Back to the real topic, One of you guys said something about obama gun rules changing. It sounds you guys were not happy with the change, but what he is doing is with the gun rule is great for Americans. Right?

America has alot more gun school shootings in the world,America is like a minni ww2 sometimes,cutting down on guns, will make America more safe.

12. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Well, what country would allow itself to be pillaged by some of the worst kings history managed to puke and after, to be pillaged by one's most ancient allies who took the pretence of the French invasions and just settled here for a couple of years drinking wine and robbing our pieces of art??

We did :D

Now imagine why the Brits are famous :D:D:D
    Oh and DA, lighten up dude. Not everything is a direct attack. Sometimes there are faints and stabs in the back.

Cheers...

Stefan likes this.
  13. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Never heard Australia called the "Lucky Country", but if you insist, I'll be happy to concede that to you. I've just heard it called "Oz" and that's the way I've always thought of it.

In fact, about two-thirds of the world's drivers drive on the right, and 72 % of the world's roads are set up for driving on the right. But you are correct that traffic was originally left-handed. Archeological evidence indicates that carts on Roman roads in Europe drove on the left. In England, people originally drove on the left because most people wanted to hold the reins in their left hand to keep their right hands free to defend themselves if necessary. American roads were originally left handed because America was a colony of Britain. But when the US started developing, it's freight wagons became much larger than those in Britain and Europe, and the drivers sat on the left and drove on the right side of the road to facilitate making sure the wheels cleared traffic going the other way.

So even though Americans, and most of the rest of the world, drive on the right side of the road, there is no "wrong" side of the road, unless of course, you see headlights coming toward you in your lane!

14. Firefoxy

Yes , oz is another term, you are right about that.

I don't know much about those olden day years about people driving horse and carriage, so i guess i learnt some thing new.:)

15. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Thought it sounded familiar!

16. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'll just leave my answer a quick no.
    How do you know this? I've lived here 45 years, this revelation is news to me.

In raw numbers yes there appears to be a lot of shootings, but look at the size of our population. Since 1975, the US has had 39 school shootings, Canada has had 7. Canada's population is 10% that of the US. That is a rate in Canada of around 18 times the US in number of shootings per capita. They certainly "enjoy" stricter gun laws.

You will find a very large and vocal group here who do not support gun restriction and confiscation laws.

17. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Nope. we have something here called the Second Amendment and we don't want Obama to screw with it. America is plenty safe just the way it is. Social researchers have proven that guns in the hands of law-abiding gun owners actually make society safer than fewer guns or guns in the wrong hands.

18. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Sounds like you need to take your own advice, I don't think anyone's after either you art or your wine.

19. Firefoxy

Slipdigit,
    I just thought that cause everyone in the United states have guns and i hear alot of school shootings. I forgot about the precentage of population that United States have compared to other countries, Sorry.

Devilsadvocate,
    What's a Second Amendment?
    I didn;t know that America had Social researchers that has proven other wise. Sorry:)

20. skunk works

skunk works Ace

You really want to help society? Really?
    then ... per all political office ...

Term limits (one)(two years), pension = to time served.
    No campaign contributions (publish your position, vote on that)
    At least 4 more parties, no electoral college (they got that one figured out how to spend/beat)
    Paper ballots & popular vote.

No immunity or pardons for dishonest politicians.
    Tried by random people by teleconference (unknown to almost everyone). So they can't be bought or threatened.
    Two weeks (max) to make both cases separately.
    Then the Jury puts both together and decides.
    All decisions final with no appeal.
    No costly deliberate delays of "self" trial (ing), with hand slaps.

if found guilty ...

Loss of job (permanently).
    Pay-back of all stolen/unaccounted for moneys (to the penny).
    Hard time (no country club jail).
    No pension/benefits.

The reason they are what they are is because they believe they're untouchable, and the laws they pass increasingly make that so.

Get Totally rid of the immunity, impunity, pampas, pious, sanctimonious, untouchable nature of anywhere/anyone.

Rules/laws are meaningless if they don't apply to everyone equally. They're just decrees from a Dictator/Sovereign. :mad: May as well nail them to a tree, under "pain of death".

It started going to Hell when we started accepting ... exceptions.

There aren't any. If you want safety & order ... it starts at the top ... not the - bottom (that's a Dictator).

Lead by example ... or get lost ... on your own or carried out, makes no difference.

We'll get the people who want the job, and not the money/power.

Start now.

mikebatzel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.