Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Off to Shoreham....

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Martin Bull, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Believe it or not Stevin, that's one I haven't yet got !

It's well-regarded and has had good reviews : I shall look out for a copy as 109 flew from Little Staughton, an airfield I was able to explore (with permission) last winter.

Enjoy the book ! [​IMG]

2. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Thnx for that Martin! Looking forward to reading this one. I am not that familiar with 109 sqn, but this seems to be a good story on OBOE and the development of this device and how 109 helped in developing it with TRE. Has some great pics in it. It will look good on the bookshelf, next to At First Sight (627 sqn's story)by Alan Webb.... :D

BTW are you in any way related to P/O L.C. Bull, who flew mossies with this Sqn, after coming from no.9 Sqn??

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I wish I was ! But no, 'fraid not.... :( My only serving relatives were in the Army ( tanks )....

( By the way, if you look at pages 196 and 198 of Alan Webb's book - great book, by the way - the recollections there are by Reg Davey. Glad to say that Reg is alive and well and we often share a Sunday snack lunch at the Mosquito Museum where he's a great 'asset' )

[ 08. December 2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Martin Bull ]

4. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Geez....After flying those missions over Europe, then the war is over and what do they make you do? Of course, there were no more missions to fly, but being a Fl/Lt and being the highest ranking/best paid removal 'officer' is quite a different experience! :eek:

Please give him my regards when you see him, Martin.