Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oflag va Weinsberg germany ?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by dizzylizzy, Jan 18, 2009.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee New Member

My father, Christopher Hatten was also English. Many men signed his log book, of the names you mention I have found Seth Barton, les Black and W. Ormond. There are many more, not all legible! Also have photos.

2. Will Paul

Will Paul New Member

Dear Caroline I saw the name Chris Hatten and thought I should contact you. My father John Paul was in Oflag VA and knew your father. In November 1944 they both appeared in a play a EMPIRE PRODUCTIONS presentation of Bernard Shaw's 'Arms and the Man'. Your father played a Russian Officer (Infantry Bulgarian army) and my father was Major Sergius Saranoff (Bulgarian Cavalry Officer). I have the original theatre programme signed by all the cast and production crew. Also in the cast were Syd Lyle-Smythe, Richard Cockin, E. Kenneth Alltree, Norman Dees, Richard Garrett, Dick Blair-Kook and crew Robert Griffiths, Bill Millett, John Newton, Gordon Smith and Mike Sixsmith.
    My father went on after the war to become an actor and appeared in the original production of The Mousetrap as well as film and TV.
    Very best wishes
    William Paul