Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

From personal aspect being in the forest for two weeks in -30° C degrees in the army a hot meal at least twice a day is necessary to keep the troops in proper fighting capability. I know the weather in Ukraine is less cold but they are not getting fuel so they are not getting food either. Wonder if the Syrian fighters enjoy the colder than normal weather. Hope they freeze and once they notice there is not enough food they will leave the area.

Prospero Quevedo likes this.
  2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Yeah the thing about mercenaries is if things get rough the usually bug out. I met some nut that was a soldier of fortune. Went to South America funny he was a bit puggy before he went when he came back he was looking pretty slim. Said it was so hot and humid he hardly ate but drank a lot of beer he lost a lot of weight he said but was happy that he slimed down and was back in the USA. Also the mercenaries Putin got are not the best or even decent if there getting like three grand a month. Like I wonder what kind of weapons and equipment they gave them. The lack of food will run down Putins army as time goes on like how long does he think they can keep fighting effectively before they start collapsing from lack of food and water since they cut off the water supply they will need to find water supplies. The Ukraine has even requested bottled water as well as food and medical supplies. I remember when they were asking for donations for Katrina I bought like three or four cases of water and drove to one of the donation centers. Even though they had flown in tons of water they were asking for more as the city water supply was tainted and would take weeks to flush out the city piping. They needed water for drinking and cooking. I also went to a discount store, 99 cents store and bought a bunch of canned food. My exs father had joined a relief convoy from Alabama to Louisiana said it took days to get there the problem was most of the road ways were choked with debris and downed trees took them forever to clear the roads. I wonder if the relief convoys are getting thru ok as the Russians were firing on convoys going into the Ukraine probably thinking they might be more weapons from the west.
    There's talk that Russia is moving toward removing Putin do you think that's maybe true or just a bunch of bunk. With everything that happened seems like it might be what they would do considering how many casualties and equipment they have lost. As mentioned Russia does not have a big economy and I'm sure it's probably still a bit fragile this must be costing them big and a huge drain on resources especially food a huge army like that would consume a huge amount of food and pretty quickly I bet Putin didn't stock up enough for a long war everyone said the guy thought it would be over in less than a week and now getting into week four. Also munitions like are the depleting there stocks as well like how long can they keep fighting be fore the start running short of ammo maybe that's one of the things Putin is trying to get the Chinese to supply. Like that Chinese cheap ammo works ok. Bought some of that steel casing 223 and 7.62x39 works ok and got it really cheap way back, 1000 reds for a hundred bucks, lol, must have bought like eight crates six 7.62 and two 223. Some guy told me the steel cases can be reloaded said he did it himself said I needed to buy carbide dies and make sure I used a good lube

3. Prospero Quevedo

I bet Putin got Ukraine to give up their nukes so he could stage this invasion all along. I bet after this Ukraine builds a bunch of nukes as a deterrent in case if future wars, now that Russia has proved to be liars and not hold up the treaties they agreed to

4. Prospero Quevedo

Wow that video on those Ukraine airborne hitting that tank that one just blew up a wheel is seen rolling away and you can see bits and pieces fly everywhere. Not sure what they hit it with did it on it own or they detonated the ammo on board. I can't believe that Putin has asked the Chinese for military aid like really they have been at each other since the end of wwii border incidents from a few soldiers to whole divisions there been a number of times the world thought the two would go total war. I wonder if China will demand concessions like turning over land they have disputed for decades. That would be opposite what Putin was trying to do. I wonder if Putin is trying to retake Ukraine to bolster their food production when it was part of the empire and part of the USSR it was always considered the bread basket Ukraine had the largest agricultural background and was always a huge producer of wheat. Stalin at one time crippled food production there by confiscating all the food and letting them starve as they didn't completely follow him so he let them starve so he could claim there land as state property and then chose his own people to run the farms but these people just did what they were told and not true farmers so production fell big the low production caused wide spread famine in Russia. The farmers may not have totally been behind Stalin but they weren't against him either they didn't care about him and just did what they were born to do farm and they were great farmers and had great harvests of quality goods but Stalin out of his need to be seen as the leader of all and had to have the full,support and respect of his people like many of his purges was a total,screw up, he crippled his country so many times with his purges of paranoia. It's no wonder Russia referees to his days of rule as the dark days changing the name of the city name after him back to its original name and the people destroyed most of the monuments made to honor him. Then opened his secret files and uncovered all the things he did like many of the villages wiped out during wwii he had ordered his special,troops to,do,it and blamed the nazis this was more purges of his those villages were not completely loyal,to,him so he just got rid of them. Seems Putin is thinking that way as the journalists have reported he's threatening public hangings now against Ukrainians charged as dissidents. What an ass maybe they should try to snipe him. Funny they say he's been rather hard to find like the guy been in hiding maybe he thinks there are snipers after him both foreign and domestic.

5. Prospero Quevedo

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg Saw this thing on the glosser gladiator said even though they were totally outclassed they still,had squadrons fighting in the BOB and at Dunkirk. At Dunkirk they tried to fight off Germans air attacks but were widely ineffective and in BOB they were pretty ineffective as well,two,had slipped behind a pair of he111s and just as they started to,attack AA fire hit one in the bomb bay it blew to,pieces taking the other bomber with it and the two gladiators got showered with debris and made it back to,base riddled with holes. They also served with the Dutch Finnish and in North Africa they were mainly used for ground attack and recon. The Finns still,used the with some success against soviet aircraft and the Brits did use them against cr42s and othe Italian biplanes. However as the war went on they proved useful mainly as scouts.
    Mark one has one in my scale looks great in the pics it's another one on my wish list,lol. And mark ones Brewster buffalo it has far better detail than f toys and they made the ventral window a separate part and clear like it should be.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Well, Putin has no legal right to attack Ukraine. He has the legal right to be hanged, though. The USSR conquered lands with creating parties in the land and the Red Amy invaded the countries when they asked for help from the commmunists. In Finland they created a new communist government during the Winter War that asked for help from Russia. Putin is as moron. We will destroy him now. He is as bad as bad can be.

7. Prospero Quevedo

The soviets when they invaded Poland committed atrocities like the execution of hundreds of captured polish soldiers imbelieve the polish still hold a memorial on the date it happened I think the soviets had marched them to a concentration camp,in Russia. Did the soviets commit atrocities in Finland as well. They seem to do so wherever they go. I hope the Chinese deny him military support and his army runs out of munitions. Like who else can they turn to, maybe North Korea but there a small country I don't think they'd have a lot of surplus

8. Prospero Quevedo

Seems the Ukrainians have pounded the Russians again with a bunch of drone attacks. If anything there are demonstrating how devastating drones can be. These drones from turkey must be helping sell them, I think they are trying to acquire more. I wonder how much longer Russian soldiers can stay combat effective with low ammo and food supplies. I wonder how many have deserted or just gave up due to the conditions they are forced to deal with. Watched some vids on how to build your own tanks in 1/6 scale looked great, looked like the guy made a bunch of his parts on a 3D printer. Don't they have scanners for 3D programs, you can scan a part and create a printing file and chance the print scale?

Kai-Petri likes this.
  9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

In Chechnya war I read the Soviet soldiers were forced to sell their tanks to get Money to buy food. Not surprised that the Ukraine war is going badly. And no fuel either.

10. Prospero Quevedo

Wow I know chechnya went very badly for the Russians but I didn't know they had supply problems there as well. They say a lot of the problems they had in Afghanistan was due to logistic failures as well. They have been showing like docents of trucks destroyed or abandoned. Also several attack copters were just left behind I think that position got hit and over run by Ukrainian troops and the Russians just bugged out. That rusdian tank they showed recently getting hit like two or three times then the crew bailed and then it was destroyed that was pretty wild. The Russians are making all the mistakes they did in Chechnya armor going in without infantry support they took huge losses to their mechanized units in Chechnya urban warfare. It showed the Chechens used their knowledge of the city to their advantage setting up ambushes and attacking from above from buildings. Anyway with all the trucks the Russians have lost it must be really crippling their ability to bring in more supplies and if Putin has had to ask the Chinese for military aid I'm wondering if their running low on stocks. Shows he was totally unprepared for a long engagement they might have to withdraw from a lack of everything from food to munitions. I really hope the Chinese don't give him any more munitions but I'm sure if he offers enough money or concessions they will give him what he wants our fault for letting the Chinese pretty much monopolize the world industry they pretty much control the electronics market and just about everyting we buy tools nails even our lumber is milled in floating Chinese mills. We need to start trying to get back our industry and stop buying Chinese that will really weaken them if they are not getting the huge amounts of money they are getting now it might stall their building programs of advanced fighters and tanks and the building of more warships. I really wonder about all those satellites they have sent up I'd worry if they are up there waiting to knock out our sat net work crippling our seats will affect our military capabilities.

Kai-Petri likes this.
  11. Prospero Quevedo

It's interesting how the panzer iii went thru a lot of changes with the suspension and road wheel configuration. Like took them a while to get a system they were happy with. Oddly it says they used the old chassis for conversions but you never see pic of converted tanks with the older wheel systems like when the brought them in for rebuilding did they upgrade them to the newer wheel configuration. Even the pics of chassis used for armored supply carriers seem to have the late wheels, lol, now I need to check out my collection to see if the manufacturers used the right wheel system for the models they say they did or cheated using a generic wheel and track system. Unfortunately the Chinese model makers have had the most errors or using the wrong tank body and other errors. Funny cando and trumpeter sometimes have doubled the effort on some models. Cando/DML, has put out some really detailed work, both started with rather poor detailed kits but have progressed and improved as time went on. Wish trumpeter would redo some of their earlier kits that were not all,that good and come out with a new and improved mold. image.png

12. Prospero Quevedo

image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Never ceases to amaze me all the things the Germans tried to do more out of desperation than practability. Like those pilots bile v1s that they started to build then cancelled as they felt suicide was not the German soldier way,but they actually got a bunch of volunteers. That might have been devastating to the British navy if they had sent hundreds of those things to attack the naval yards and commerce shipping.
    The APC looks kewl but the war ended before any were built, the panzer four chassis with the panther turrets proved not to be a good idea and was abandoned. The 38t remodeled chassis with the panzer four turret were experimented with but not massed produced. They were certainly using a lot of 38t conversions and developing more. The Germans had planned to expand the Czech factory to increase production but neve got around to it. They say Czechosovakia recovered faster than Germany as it was not nearly as heavily bombed as Germany was. More of its industrial infrastructure was mostly intact.

13. Prospero Quevedo

Putin must be grinding his teeth. If he thought he was going to intimidate the world by smashing the Ukraine all he's done is to show the world how weak and ill trained the rusdian army is. For years the world has feared the Russian army for what it did in wwii. It seems the Russian army is as huge as it was then heavy with armor as it was then but they just don't have the fight in them they did then. It would seem the soldiers don't consider the Ukraine part of the mother land that they are supposedly trying to liberate. Putin can say all the stupid lies he wants but obviously his own soldiers don't buy his crap. It could take years to recover from the war on both sides. Russia in terms of replacing all the equipment losses and trying to appease the familie of those killed. Ukraine will probably have to ask for financial assistance to rebuild the towns and cities and the infrastructure destroyed. This will keep the people in the Ukraine busy for years cleaning and repairing the devastation. It will cost the Ukraine billions to get things back to normal. Support organizations here should start taking donations now as it will take a huge amount of money and goods to help them once the war ends. Sounds like maybe it might be close as reports are the Russians have been pulling back in several areas either to begin a withdraw or maybe trying to regroup. Whatever they are doing its letting the Ukrainian army regroup and counter attack in some areas. Like that forward base they over ran and destroyed a bunch of vehicles and looked like they captured a number of attack copters. I'm surprised the Russians left those maybe their fuel shortage is not only shutting down ground vehicles but grounding their helicopters as well.

14. Prospero Quevedo

Trying to reorganize my models again watched a vid on YouTube on how to build a 1/6 scale Swiss m39 looked great wish I had a 3D printer the guy did some great stuff with his. Makes me want to build something, lol. Did some reading on the panther arv. They also used the chassis for a number of AA guns funny they would waste such a valuable chassis for small anti aircraft guns when they had so many other chassis of lesser tanks they could have used. I working on a panther recovery vehicle think it looks good. Plus some of the prototypes I posted earlier just because the look kewl. Some of the 38t stuff I can convert from marder kits I think as they are close need a bit of rework but should be easy the only thing that is going to be work is to make s decent looking 150 mm infantry howitzer. They put that gun on panzer 1s twos, and a slew of others. Need to Finnish my cast master for a Hummel. Got just one and now their sold out and out of production. Wish the had come out with a kit version and not just the prebuilt. Trying to conver some of my nashorns as the vehicles are similar but need to rebuild the interior layout and a new gun 150 mm.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Ukraine will not clear and rebuild the country. After WW2 The Germans rebuilt the country. Russians will rebuilt after the war. the cities, Hospitals, factories etc. In Ukraine. You destroyed it, you rebuilt it. End of story. Start digging.

16. Prospero Quevedo

Well then they better get those POWs to start cleaning Putin won't help unless the rest of the world extorts him to it. I just worried the Russians have a long history or trying to punish those who fight against them I wonder if they will try more wide spread bombardment and try to destroy or cripple the nuclear power plants. I'm sure Putin would do everything to avoid any responsibility for any damages in the Ukraine he's a shit head. I bet all the western countries want to send in teams to study and document all the equipment and munitions the Ukrainian army has captured.

17. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

I'm sure there have been sterile teams on the ground since day 1, and one of their tasks is intel gathering.

18. Prospero Quevedo

That's interesting that the UK has sent that army and with tanks. Good thing they still had them as earlier they announced closing their tank factory and planned to mothball their tanks I was like that's crazy england help brink in the era of the tank. I bet the British army isn't liking it. The British budget must be really in bad shape. I know for years the government has struggled to keep from brankrupcy it's hard to believe how many counties have been bankrupt. Mexico was basically there and froze the banks as they restructured their monetary system. Greece and Italy were there and were saved by loans from other countries chiefly Germany as the pulling out of those countries would have tumbled the euro and Germany had invested heavily in it. I wonder if this might be the last time the uk deploys tanks. I wonder if they will moth ball,all of them or keep at least one battalion in a ready state. However if they have ended their tank program with the way tank technology keeps progressing the tanks they keep in mothball will be obsolete in the next few years or so. The Russians who have always been at the front of tank developement are getting their tanks destroyed left and right. Makes you eonder what happened to all those anti tank weapon defenses they supposedly had. Were they a myth just a fake or they have them but in very small numbers as they couldn't afford them on all their tanks. Russia was never known for high spending they always took short cuts or went the most economical,route. One of their big faults in wwii. To save money and increase production they massed produced the same engine and drive used in the BT, t34, and KV it was fine in the BT and T34 but had lots of problems in the heavy tank KV. As mentioned Russia has a small weak economy so maybe they can afford the latest tech on their tanks as shown on the large use of cage defense a low tech cheap alternative. I wonder if I can use train scale photo etch fencing to make something like it or small wire. They say or at least the Ukrainian army has reported its fairly effective till blown off. Some times takes them multiple hits. The soldiers have seemed to figured out the vulnerable areas on the Russian tanks as they have knocked out large numbers and even captured some. Now that would be something rusdian tanks knocked out by their own tanks. They have captured a number already several abandoned out of fuel. I'm still amazed they just bail and not try to destroy their tanks like do they think they might come back to recover it? During wwii they were suppose to destroy their tanks to keep them from capture one of the reasons they have been finding so many tanks in bogs, swamps rivers and lakes, the crews drove them in to avoid capture. That KV early manufacture with the short 76, was blown up the turret stayed intact but the hull was shattered into pieces. They recovered just about all,the parts and used an old ISU hull,to,rebuild it.mthey had to do a lot of recounstruction and fabrication to get it perfect. They really tried to pay attention to detail even moving the suspension stations as the KV stations were space a bit different that's pretty good as most people would never had noticed.

19. Prospero Quevedo

Wow was checking out global firepower the Ukraine has a really small,army compared to Russia and many of its neighbors.
    Yet this small army has fought off the Russians quite well for weeks. They have demonstrated better coordination and tactics. I bet the worlds military analysts are taking notes on everything. Turkey has delivered more drones it was interesting yonder that there are at least two models they provided. They certainly have given the Russians a pounding with the ones they have. It's funny as a show I watched on modern warfare said anti aircraft or drone defense was going to be an issue for future wars. Although most armies have mobile anti aircraft, drones are much smaller harder to track and harder to hit. Need to go back maybe to smaller flak type weapons like the 40 mm pompous or similar just put up a curtain of flak and hope the shrapnel or cushions knock it out. Even advanced radar targeting systems will have a hard time with something with such a small return and many drones are built with stealth in mind. Wonder what our military has developed for that as I'm sure they have thought about that as well. Anyway it's still pretty amazing they have held out as long and as well as they have

20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The Soviet logistics sucks,no food, no ammo, no weapons or clothes.Putin thought it was just a visit and victory. Like 1939 the Red Army epected the Finns would take them to their country with flowers and wine, instead bullets and bayonets.

I m happy we are sending AA-rockets and AT-rockets and panwer gun for the Ukrainians to defende themselves. I am sure Putin is enraged seeing the tanks left behind due to fuel have ran out Heads will be rolling.

2,000 more javelins and a thousand British AA rockets will definitely feel the Russians are not welcomed.