Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Open fire cooking

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by luketdrifter, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Krystal,

can you send me some kilo´s? Just joking! I like the american beef but it is very expensive but than came your President Obama and did the only good thing that he could do, he set the taxes down and now you can buy it from time to time. For the normal Beef we have to pay around $39 and that is cheap for US beef. Lot cheaper is the argentine beef you can get it for $14 a kilo.

2. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

I would definitly send you some! Might not be very tasty when you get it though...and might smell too :(
    What is the comparison to kilo/pound? We send our own beef to a butcher and pay about 45 cents per pound to them for butchering/packaging. It is still pricey when selling the critter would pay over $1000 for a dry heifer. At the store here, I think a pound of ground hamburger is over $3 my husband says. Needless to say, we eat alot of deer :)

3. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

I'm not claiming the fellow, but glad he could help you out some :)

4. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Krystal you´re right about the smelly thing! OMG, what would my neighbours say?! One Kilogramm is 2.2pounds. So the groundbeef is expensive, over here we pay $4 for 2.2pounds

5. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Say Ulrich, you might have some fun going to Blackwing meats, and either sending them an email or using their 800 number to find out if any of their products can be shipped to you.

I have purchased some of their other meats like their duck and wild boar (bison and ostrich are sold locally here), and they came vacuum sealed in pouches and in insulated packaging with dry ice.

Just a thought?

Goto:

Organic Bison Meat | Blackwing Meats

6. Spitfire_XIV

Spitfire_XIV Member

Damn Luke, I'm hungry now! But my family has tried open fire cooking several times and it was even better than I expected.

7. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

The meat is just now getting popular. As it grows in popularity it grows in price. I don't agree with the canned hunt aspect of raising buffalo, but it's better than the animals going to waste I guess. I buy mine from a friend who raises them for meat, he gives me his cost price so I make out pretty good. If interested in the subject I recommend the book "American Bison: In search of an Icon" by Steve Rinella. It's a great read about a great subject.

8. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hey, why i´m at the wrong site of the pond??? And now you´ll tell me that you had a good Buffalo Ribeye with fried potatoes and a pitcher of ice cold beer for lunch, haven´t you?! Aaarghhh!!!

9. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

No tonight we are house sitting at the in-laws so it was chicken soup. But fried potatoes would be delicious with a good buff steak. The next time I make some I'll send you photos, Ulrich!
    A pitcher of ice cold beer sounds good too...

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

I have never heard of such a beast. Will try when new batch of corn comes in a month or 2.....Would hate to be down river after the Taber Corn Festival :)

11. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

I´m waiting for the pics! And please send a tin full of that great smell to me too!;-)