Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Operation "Bøllebank" (Hooligan-bashing)

Discussion in 'Post-World War 2 Armour' started by Jens Knudsen, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Che_Guevara

Che_Guevara New Member

via TanksinWW2
    lôl, I guess Panzerman doesn´t mean this so serious, so it´s not worth for an insulting disscusion. I sometimes feel the same way, if I see those happy-flower-love-peace people, who have no idea and just want to deflect from their own problems and thier failure.

2. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2

That is funny, a pacifist is wishing other people physical pain and violence. :)

Of course I do not wish anybody to "die in a fire" because of their opinion. It is a figure of speech, and being a strong figure of speech - opens for different interpretations, as this shows.

My frustration is directed at the Norwegian left and their excessive pacifism, even concerning peacekeeping operations, I disagree heavily with. Of course I disagree with war, however I do not disagree with violent actions that end war.

Example:

I "disagree" with Hitlers invasion of Poland and find it a morally despicable action.

I "agree" with the Allied invasion of '44, and it find it a morally sound action.

3. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    To the point of me being an underage person in a rich industrial country, sure. I can not help the fact that I was lucky, and born to the conditions that I was.

And I "know" the horrors of war, to the extent a person can know without experiencing it himself. My grandfather suffered in WW2, and has related his experiences to me.

My father has been in both Bosnia, Kosovo, and Afghanistan, working with the Norwegian defence, and has related his experience to me.

I do, however, "do my share". In 1999, I collected over 20 kilograms of clothes to send with said father to Kosovo, where they were accepted with joy in the local community. On Thursday, I personally raised 350 NOK with a class action. Could I do more? Of course I could. But atleast I have done and am doing something, which makes your assumption incorrect.

4. Jens Knudsen

Jens Knudsen New Member

via TanksinWW2
    hmmm....seem like this got off topic, I posted that link so people could read about danish tanks in combat, not to start an arguement.....
    So please stop arguing, thanks

5. Danyel Phelps

Danyel Phelps Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    Al Amin, I wouldn't go so far as to call you a hypocrit. However, I think you need to recap on your past posts before you accuse people of making light of conflict.

6. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2

Whats your problem eh? I was only defending myself. One can still read and see about the Danish tanks. :evil:

:x DIE! :x

(/sarcasm - trying to lighten the mood :p)

7. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    But possibly not helpful! :D

8. mr.bluenote

mr.bluenote New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What people should have reacted against was the Serb aggression at the time. If you've seen the wartorn villages of Bosnia, as I have, and met the people there, you would, or so I hope, have a slightly different take on things. I don't like the use of force, no solider or ex-soldier generally do, but sometimes it is necessary! And I'd rather see an armed thug get put in his place than helpless civilians treated as the Bosniaks did in the early 90's.

The Danes in Bosnia saved lifes, and that is something to be proud of! I must admit that I'm quite offended by Al Amin's tone and attitude!

- Bluenote.

9. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As are many of us from time to time. :-?

10. AL AMIN

AL AMIN New Member

via TanksinWW2
    you are offended what about the peoples who died in such stupid "necesarry military operations" anyways i dont want to discuss this because my opinion is clear i am againt war and Military operations

but i know you are proud your countries military saved some inocent peoples and bashed the bad guys and showed the world what the danes made of great you can be so proud :roll:
    as if the world were black and white

11. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A military operation resulting in the liberation of oppressed people is "stupid"? Using your logic, nothing should have been done to stop the Nazi offensives and occupations, then (being a superior race and all)?

I would be proud of this as well. :x

"Being against all military operations" is a rather black and white statement, you know.

12. AL AMIN

AL AMIN New Member

via TanksinWW2
    what can i say just keep up with that attidue just keep up

13. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Oh, I will. ;)

14. AL AMIN

AL AMIN New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i know thats the sAD THING ABOUT IT :roll:
    YOU KNOW STARSHIP TROOPERS that movie explain all

15. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If you are implying that I have a streak of fascism in me, that is wrong. :D

My opinions on war have been quite clearly stated, I think. I do not see intervention and peace missions as fascist, wrong, or morally despicable.

"Total pacifism" to the degree that one refuses to intervene, even in such places such as Bosnia (!), I am against. And to quote Forrest Gump (a soldier
    :cool: ) :

That's all I have to say about that.

16. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    They make a valid point though, Al Amin: would you rather have seen the Serbs have their way with the populations like they did before (and unfortunately during, shame on Dutchbat) the UN intervention? Massacreing innocent people because of their ethnic background or religion? Would you rather have this than the actions of a few highly professional soldiers to stop the atrocities?

Panzerman makes good points against your claim yet you fail to defend your own statement. All you say is "keep up the attitude". What does this prove? It doesn't make you right. It doesn't support your opinion.

17. AL AMIN

AL AMIN New Member

via TanksinWW2
    yeah what should i say i made my point clear and he made his point clear
    and he wont change his mind and i wont change mine so why should i waist my time to convince somebody that killing people is not good doesnt matter wht cause thats how i think
    and if panzerman is proud that his countrys military is involved in war so ther you go

in sst also everybody agrees with the war against the bad evil forgein bugs
    but in no scene of the movie the bugs point of view is explained but the human point is made clear wich is a radical facist military goverment with a cruel justice and all that stuff
    and we altough think that the humans were right even if the movie shows us how cruel they are

or did you know the serb side you just know the western medias and nato briefings telling you the biggest horror storys

look i am muslim and we are no friends to the serbs but i still say so

18. dave phpbb3

dave phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    SST is a crap low budget film which has little or no relevance to real life. it was made as a teen kcik/horror movie

19. Man

Man New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You are not "convincing" me that "killing people is not good".

I am already quite aware of this fact.

Stopping others from doing so, however...

;)

20. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You refuse to go into Panzerman's points, Al Amin. He accused you of having the same black-and-white ideas you accuse others of having, which I think is well founded. He also makes it clear that he only thinks peace missions are justifiable if they do indeed prevent military conflicts from escalating, or from massacres of civilian populations to continue (how can you reasonably support this?).

Is it right to let one people kill another off in huge numbers just to prevent war? Do you have any idea how many people were slaughtered by the Serbs in this conflict?