Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Otto - Old Grouch's Military Surplus - Clyde, North Carolina, USA [Haywood County #1]

Discussion in 'WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service' started by Otto, Aug 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Username: Otto
    Sent: 31 July 2021
    Postmark: 2 August 2021
    Received: 7 August 2021
    From: Old Grouch's Military Surplus - Clyde, North Carolina, USA
    [Haywood County #1]

I have family in the Haywood County area in North Carolina, and the Otto we visit the area about once a year. When we stop in, I make a habit of visiting Old Grouch's military surplus with my kids. They always have a good selection of helmets for them to try on. I marked my most recent visit by converting one of the advert cards into a postcard and sending it in here. A scan of the original card is included below, which provides a good flavor of the establishment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is the original advert card that was converted into the postcard with vigorous use of an eraser. I found the advertising copy very much fit the attitude of the store. As can been seen in the photo, Old Grouch's also has a naval gun monument just across the street from the front door. My kids have spent quality time manning the gun against incoming aircraft, dragons, and flying monkeys.

[​IMG]

Remember to check the WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service Map for a look at our growing list of all WW2F/FPS submissions.