Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

pearl harbor possible conspiracy theory

Discussion in 'Naval Warfare in the Pacific' started by mike471, Apr 25, 2014.

1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The Japanese had fuel for one year of war or four years of peace. They decided to keep the war in China going. SecState Hull advised FDR that embargoing fuel to Japan might start a war, but SecWar and SecNavy wanted to build up their strategic reserves and Britain needed avgas badly. The isolationists in Congress were also demanding that FDR not support the Japanese war effort this way. The original order was limited to "military grade" fuel only, but when it got to Morgenthau he just edited it to read "all fuel". Apparently FDR didn't hear about this for three days, and by that time it would have looked like there was confusion if he reissued the order, so he let it slide.

And the US never made an ultimatum to Japan.

And, yes, FDR wanted to get into the war IN EUROPE. The Pacific was a distraction and nobody wanted a two front war.

2. OpanaPointer

Here you go, 35,000 pages of documents, testimony, etc. I read all that when I was in high school. Have fun.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/congress/

3. GunSlinger86

GunSlinger86 Well-Known Member

The second Gulf of Tonkin Incident was a false flag and even McNamara admitted it didn't happen. There are so many factors in 9/11 with the Pentagon and Twin Towers, where do I begin. Check out Susan Lindauer, the murders of whistleblowers first.

4. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Can we keep this on Pearl Harbor and discuss other preposterous perceptions elsewhere.

5. OpanaPointer

Any ON TOPIC comments?

6. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Actual evidence? It that allowed in a [Pearl Harbor] conspiracy theory thread? :cool:

(Edited to ensure post was on topic.)

7. Takao

Takao Ace

Actual evidence is allowed in conspiracy theories, however, it is limited to actual smoke and actual mirrors.

8. OpanaPointer

This is why I propose "conspiracy mythology" instead of "conspiracy theory".

9. Takao

Takao Ace

I like!

10. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Don't forget the actual tin foil.

11. OpanaPointer

That's a conspiracy right there. The PTB* have convinced people that tin foil is sold in grocery stores. THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!! The stuff in the stores is actually ALUMINUM foil. It's useless for keep out the MCRs**..

*Power That Be
    **Mental Control Rays.

George Patton likes this.
  12. Bundesluftwaffe

Bundesluftwaffe New Member

Gulf of Tonkin, yes. But 9/11 I don´t know, it´s way to confusing and no real info and/or proof who really did it or better why the FBI/CIA/air defense was quasi non existent on this day. I don´t like to speculate on this topic, cause it´s too confusing - I only know the official story has some holes. But those can easily explained by military secrecy, too.

But that is too OT.

So on topic:

Regarding PH, I believe it happened as told or is written by history, cause there was no need for a false flag, the IJN would have attacked anyway as proven it was a complete plan by them---------- Remember they attacked not only PH but also DEI, Phillipines & Malaya.

13. OpanaPointer

There was no need for a false flag because there was no desire to get involved in a war in the Pacific. Nobody knew the Japanese were going to attack Pearl, so the existence of the plan to do so is not relevant.

14. Bundesluftwaffe

Bundesluftwaffe New Member

Yup, contrary to Hitler who needed a false flag cause he at least wanted to have his attack seem to have some reason.... I mean "Sender Gleiwitz", so the German people were tricked into thinking the Polish were the agressors.

Probably the best known flase flag by Hitler: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliwice_Radio_Tower

The Gleiwitz incident was a part of a larger operation, carried out by Abwehr and SS forces.[3] At the same time as the Gleiwitz attack, there were other incidents orchestrated by Germany along the Polish-German border, such as a house torching in the Polish Corridor and spurious propaganda output. The entire project, dubbed Operation Himmler and comprising a number of incidents,[7] was intended to give the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany.[5]
    For months before the 1939 invasion, German newspapers and politicians, including Adolf Hitler, accused Polish authorities of organizing or tolerating violent ethnic cleansing of ethnic Germans living in Poland.[7][8]
    On the day following the Gleiwitz attack, 1 September 1939, Germany launched the Fall Weiss operation – the invasion of Poland – initiating World War II in Europe. On the same day, in a speech in the Reichstag, Hitler cited the border incidents, with three of them called very serious, as justification for Germany's invasion of Poland.[7] Just a few days earlier, on 22 August, he had told his generals, "I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth."[3][5]

15. OpanaPointer