Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Police Use of Force

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Tom phpbb3, Oct 9, 2007.

1. JCalhoun

JCalhoun New Member

via TanksinWW2
    In our society's effort to become sensitive it has gotten to the point were the criminals have more rights that the victims. We don't want to hurt the murderer's feelings and if the victims die we make up for it by having a candle light vigil.

2. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    You got that right. The fact that there are cases on record where faculty and/or students carrying guns have ended a gunman's rampage before he managed to rack up a huge body count makes me wonder if the people who decide gun policies on campuses ever really think things through.

3. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    To be honest, despite my views on gun control etc, I do wonder why it is seen as a good idea to suddenly have large 'gun free' areas, despitethe fact that there is virtually no restriction on access to these areas, and thus no effective way of policing them. Why even have them gun-free? I can't really think of a good reason that does not also apply to an average apartment building...

Basically - consistancy is a good thing.

4. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yes, it is a good thing. But you are not likely to find it on your average college campus. They're far too busy trying to be politically correct.