Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Post war Germans in Soviet captivity

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by skywalker, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

This statement raises my eyebrows..

After World War 2, the NKVD effectively penetrated all British and American intelligence agencies, and gained control of those agencies with such an iron hand that in 2006, only one British agency has been able to eliminate all communist influence from its policy making management. The CIA, for example, is still controlled by neo-marxist bureaucrats.

As for the brutality of the two men is concerned, there is really no question. A very poor track record on Human Rights....

2. USMC

USMC Member

I know this quote as a matter of fact made me laugh lol... I own this book. Some of these quotations are a mere falacy with no historical information to back them up. I am only using it to prove the fact that both Soviet and German POWS were tortured or killed unjustly during the war.

3. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Yes both suffered. In defense of the Russians (surprised? :D) the German POW's were not looked upon as sub-humans, the Russians did not have a racial policy. Yes there was much hatred toward the newly acquired prisoners but there were no instances of entire battalions being systematically tortured by the Red Army troops (at least nothing which I have stumbled on)...

The author's depiction coincides with other sources which all point to numerous Russian POW's falling victim to torture for what seems to be no other reason then amusement. Perhaps an instilled racial policy allowed or excused such behavior?

NKVD (later KGB who tortured their own citizens)did tortured but for acquiring information, which would usually be followed by an execution. The victims were usually those who "might" possess valuable information and refused to talk.

4. FhnuZoag

FhnuZoag Member

Googling, the author of this seems kinda infamous for his relentless self-promotion, and shall we say interesting opinions. Eagles Nest • View topic - 10 Politically Incorrect Thoughts

He's also a favourite of Stormfront, if it helps. I don't think his books really prove anything.