Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reporting for duty :)

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Jonathan Warren, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Jonathan Warren

Jonathan Warren New Member

I'll just jump right in and simply answer the example questions provided in the stickie post :)

1. Whats your name? What would you like to be called? How did you come up with your member-name?
    My name is Jonathan. Jon, Jonathan or Joff is fine with me :) I came up with my member name as it's simply my name. The avatar I use (as I often get asked about it) is Ben and Holly (with Gaston the Ladybird) and is a avatar that I use on all forums that I belong to. If you find Ben and Holly, you've probably found me :)

2. How long have you been on this planet? How long have you been interested in WWII?
    I was born in 1972, so at the time of writing this post I am 46 years of age. I have been interested in WWII for about 10 years.

3. Where are you from?
    Originally I am from Southall, Middlesex, UK, but now, unfortunately, live in the backwaters of Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, UK.

4. What areas of WWII are you interested in? What would you like to know more about? What are your areas of knowledge, and what can you help other with?
    I am particularly interested in finding out as much information on my great uncle Kenneth, who was killed in action 30 March 1945. He was firstly in the British 10th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps and then transferred into the 12th Bn.KRRC, where he served under the British 8th Armoured Brigade. I would like to piece together his story. Particularly interested in finding out how he was killed.

5. What sort of Hobbies do you have? Are any related to World War II? Wargaming? Video-games? Memorabilia? Visiting historic sites?
    This is easy for me. My main hobby is board gaming. As far as WWII board games go, I like Memoir '44. Not into simulation war games.

How's that :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    JJWilson and Half Track like this.
  2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard...

3. Half Track

Half Track Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Ironic I suppose, but your great uncle Kenneth was killed on the day I was born, March 30, 1945 at 9:35 pm.

4. Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein WWII Veteran Patron  

Jon

Welcome aboard and good luck with your research !

You might also consider making the identical posting on the "sister" site of ww2talk.com
    WW2Talk
    where the emphasis is on British members

Ron

5. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Welcome Jon. While we have some members from "across the pond", I'll echo Ron in saying that you should cross-post at WW2talk. Between the two sites, your research should go much faster.

6. The_Historian

The_Historian Pillboxologist Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

7. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Jon! Great to have you here!

8. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome. New guys buy a round at the bar.