Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Salutes, I miss them

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Ken The Kanuck, Nov 19, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Just you all be patient, Rome was made in a day. ha! ha! not quite skip..

2. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

I miss them too! :eek:

3. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

When I spoke of missing the salutes it did not mean to be anything but a positive note on a feature which I had never seen before and thought was great. Perhaps some felt my post was some kind of complaint, it wasn't. The work by the folks would provide this great site site for us is most appreciated. I wish that I had a great big Salute button to Salute Otto with.

KTK

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I myself miss being able to "give" them, I don't much care about them otherwise. Salutes were sort of "neat" to give, and a person could share them more often than he/she could with rep points. Or at least that is what it appeared to be for myself. I would go to give somebody some "rep", and get the message that you cannot do so until you spread reputation around. So, I would end up giving a "Salute" when in reality I wished to share more rep points than three.

That is what I miss, but knowing how fast Otto has been working just to get us up and running again I can wait for the "bells and whistles" that were on the former style if need be.

5. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:lol::lol::lol: Can we add a Ditto button just for Brad to use? :lol::lol: For me, it would be a "Bump" button :lol::lol:

sniper1946 likes this.
  7. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

ha ha Carl.. I was just thinking that! lol

8. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

What?....you mean there is actually and explaination contained within the page and all we have to do is read it for ourselves instead of putting our question in the form of pissing and moaning? That may work over at WW2Talk; but, that is just not the way things are done on this side of the pond. We prefer to have someone devote every waking hour to solving our problems for us so that we, the collective, are not bothered or inconveinienced by change or the creation of a solution.

Next thing your going to tell us is that there is a button that would alleviate duplicate posting, possibly point to the solution of which the best rifle of the war was and give suggestions to threads relevant to our query.*

*Green= Sarcasm

9. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Hahahahaha, thats a good one, formerjughead!

Blue= LOL

10. Owen

Owen O

Just thought I'd reply to this thread just to try out the new look forum.

Pointless post I know but it's a fairly pointless whinging thread.

11. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Ditto/Echo/I-Agree, with all the above! Beginning to sound like that commercial "It's my money and I want IT NOW"! My gosh, let's be thankful we have the site, can access it without 'warnings', can still find information (what the site is for I believe), and give the Tactical/Strategic/Operational Officers in Command Headquarters a chance to execute "Operation Switchover". I know, I know, it is our duty as 'grunts' to bitch, moan, and complain because we don't know what's coming and when, but Golly Gee Whiz. Excuse me while I go give my eyes a rest, the glare from this page is.... Just Great, Doing a fantastic job Otto. I Really Mean That.

Owen likes this.
  12. formerjughead

Somewhere in this thread is a metaphore for being hung with a new rope

13. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

First of all let me thank the HQ for the good work, as an IT man I know how hard it is to "move away" from old software versions that have known vulnerabilities but are full of custom code that will get lost in the upgrade.
    I understand this is currently very much a work in progress but... when I picked my name I first tried tired old grognard, the page crashed so TOS came out .... and as a grognard it is my right and duty to grumble !!!
    So here is my list for what it's worth.
    [rant]
    - the "latest posts" on the home page was the first thing I looked at, I miss it and hope it will be back.
    - salutes are close second as the rep system doesn't really fit my lazy habits
    - the current color scheme is too %&%$%$ for words.
    - I keep getting caught by the current crazy link at the [home] button :mad::mad:.
    - Quick navigation to the "free fire zone" ??? as popular as the FFZ is in my very personal opinion it should be to the search page, the most underused function of the site and the one that would most contribute on improving the quality of the info.
    - And high on my wish list a spelling checker that actually works.
    [end of rant]

14. Richard

Richard Expert

Give Otto and Co a chance, after all they got life's as well. ;)

My first post as well on the new look. :pacman: :pacman-pinky: :pacman-inky: :pacman-clyde: :pacman-blinky:

15. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Most web browsers (like firefox and chrome) have inbuilt spell checkers.

16. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

I hate them.

17. formerjughead

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

We salute you !

[​IMG]

19. TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier Ace

Thanks, I will give it a try as I'm using IE8 and my "typo rate" is steadily getting worse.
    BTW no criticism of Otto & co was intended, I know they are doing their best and do appeciate it, looks like it's not going to be a "simple" upgrade in any sense.

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Suzie, dare we also suggest that Brad have a accept or a decline button too :lol: