Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Skydiving, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Falcon Jun, May 15, 2008.

1. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Hopefully I get a jump in soon, when the army save up enough to pay me for it!

2. Falcon Jun

Falcon Jun Ace

Pics coming up soon.

3. Falcon Jun

Falcon Jun Ace

Here are pics of the base jumping stunt at Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. The jumpers were from the Ozone aerial sports team based in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Ahh, my pics can't seem to be uploaded. Why is that?

4. Mortman2004

Mortman2004 Dishonorably Discharged

Come on over to The AMERICA Falcon... Lots of jumpin going around at FT benning and fort bragg... We would love to have ya... And those ROUND /-1b and /-1c Parachutes are top notch LOL oh and our RIGGERS are second to NONE... NOTE TO SELF NEVER PISS OF A RIGGER.... ill be poting some of My military jump pics sooon for ya to check out

5. Falcon Jun

Falcon Jun Ace

"Never piss off a rigger." That's one rule I never break. I do it on my own but the licensed riggers have to repack and reseal the reserve. That's why I believe in that rule, hehehe.
    Nice to know that someone else in this forum knows what it's like to feel the tug of an opening canopy and what the world looks like when one's hanging in the air.

6. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Never did any skydiving, just mass-tactical military static line jumping in the army. The idea of a civilian version of parachuting never appealed to me. If you aren't loaded with 100 lbs+ of gear, standing in an aircraft that is bucking and pitching around like crazy while guys are puking all over the place, then run out the door screaming like banshees at about 600 feet off the ground after the green light goes on, landing in about 6 feet of snow, or in trees,or on rocks, on roads or in the water while getting paid an extra $55.00 a month to do it, I ain't interested. :cool:

7. WalkerBulldog

WalkerBulldog Member

I jumped once on a tandem rig in Tully Australia in Nov. of 1993. I have never been able to jump here in the states because of my weight which has fluctuated between 270 and 300 as an adult.

I remember my instructor's name was Nigel and he kept calling us the anvil brothers because of my weight! :cool:

My memories are that the initial jump was terrifying, the freefall was exhilirating, and when the chute hit and all 450 pounds hit my crotch straps I almost passed out from the pain! :eek:

8. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Ive got bun-jee jumping but never sky diving... I will go this summer.

9. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I jumped off a chair once. Does that count? Actually, my rule is "never be higher off the ground than you want to fall."