Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Some ideas

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by JCFalkenbergIII, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Army Man

Army Man Member

Ahhhh - now I see it. It's not set up as standard for a vBulletin site - that's why I couldn't find it.

Cheers!

2. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Is it effective? How can I disable other users from using it against me?

3. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

What about a technology forum? For troubleshooting PC issues, other technology discussion and such.... :D

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

This is first and foremost a WWII Forums. Not a 'generic-everything' forum. We don't need one to cover everything. Tech Help belongs in Free Fire Zone too, and people don't join the WW2 Forums for Tech. Help. Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here, Gentlemen. To keep clutter down, we create sections in the Forum that would be used frequently. There is no point creating a thread that gets used once a month - if the demand is not great, there is no point separating it from the rest.

dgmitchell likes this.
  5. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

Roger that.

6. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Here is another one. Recently there have been quite a few responses to members here who have not been active for years. Sometimes not for 8 or more years. Perhaps there could be something to designate how active or even if they are still active within a certain period of time? Perhaps within the last year or so?

7. Mussolini

I don't see how that is useful? Looking @ profiles shows last activity

8. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Because it obvioulsy looks like most don't look at the profiles. Just the post. Perhaps it could be included in the information you see when someone posts instead of just on the profile. For example just the words "Active Member" or "Inactive Member" after a certain amount of time.

9. Mussolini

I still don't see how that would help? Threads are organized by last date they were posted in. Anything after page 1 or 2 hasn't been posted in in a while.

10. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

11. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

The reason I suggest this is so people can figure out if they want to respond to someone who has not been to the site for a very long period of time and for the most part will not respond. Of course if they want to add info to a thread then they would feel free to.

12. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I agree with JCF, some new members try to start a discussion with members form years ago, why?

I mean to post something new there to start a new discussion but that is different.

13. Mussolini

I think they'd post either way. There is nothing wrong with stirring up an old thread, as long as the new post is relevant and kick starts the topic. I do have a problem with mindless posts, but in that case I'd simply suggest closing threads that are a year old more then anything.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

some forums ut them in archives and you can only access them when using the search section. this avoids mindless reviving of old threads and still allows access to old threads when something is interesting

15. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

but could that not end up with someone doubling up on aalready running thread, if all they do is browse before posting?

16. LoriAnn

LoriAnn Active Member

Yikes. 2009 since the last post, and here I am, digging it back up again.

I looked for this, I swear ~ so my apologies if I missed it but...does this forum have a specific section featuring favorite documentaries/lectures?

I ask because that is really my preferred way of learning, and YouTube has been very helpful in that regard. (I knit/crochet/sew while listening.) I wondered if there are others like me who enjoy this approach and thought, if it isn't present already, it might be nice to have a section where members can post links to favorite videos.

17. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

You could try rummaging through this section of the Forum, or maybe start your own specific topic if needed: WWII Films & TV

LoriAnn likes this.