Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"Son of Barbarossa" or "S.o.B." - a What-If where Barbarossa is made to work.

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Eastern Front & Balka' started by Marmat, Nov 27, 2011.

1. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Except that you continue to not allow for the after affect's such as how strong the ground is, Is it good enough for a tank or not. Hence it could be 2 weeks or it could very well lead to a completely different turn out of events and have the Russians holding the line.

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Let's see Hitler was a liar who was fond of scape goats and excuses. Churchill was a politician that clearly had a mediocre understanding of tactics and strategy but had a real gift for presenting things so that people would see them the way he wanted. Eden another politicain that seems to have also been some what lacking in his understanding of the military. This is suppose to convince me?

3. British-Empire

British-Empire Member

Is your opinion worth more than the opinion of the above?

4. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Considering Churchill's history on things military Id say his is. Churchill was a good politician like Hitler, But they both sucked when it came to military strategy. Politicians as your source for the timing? Find me a military leader =) as your source.

5. British-Empire

British-Empire Member

Well the entire German high command was agreed on the start date of May 15th 1941.
    As for Hitler in terms of strategy he was not as bad as people make out.
    He was proved right on the Rhineland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, the invasion of France, and the occupation of the Balkans against the wishes of the German Generals.

6. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

So the whole German high command agreed on a date before this suprise rain occured and made the ground a mess and you think that non of them with the benefit of hindsight would have changed there minds? :confused:

7. British-Empire

British-Empire Member

If they had been no Balkan intervention some may have asked for it to be postponed for a week or maybe two because of ground conditions, however it is very unlikely.
    I doubt very much if Hitler would agree to this and if he did I doubt it would be longer than two weeks as it would put at great risk in his mind atleast the security of the operation.

8. Carronade

Carronade Ace

B-E, I was looking for your "Mussolini concentrates on North Africa" thread, can you tell us where it is? Thanks

9. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

It was closed.

10. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

So you admit that there is better t hen not chance of the operation being delayed? Good. As for how long I dont think any one of us can guess, Could be 1, 2 or even 4 weeks.. None of us where there nor actually involved in it so doesn't really mean much you saying it wouldnt be longer then 2 weeks.

11. British-Empire

British-Empire Member

No I admit nothing of the kind.

"if they had been no Balkan intervention some may have asked for it to be postponed for a week or maybe two because of ground conditions, however it is very unlikely."

I would not expect any delay at all.

12. British-Empire

British-Empire Member

Looks like it has been closed according to the post above.

13. john1761

john1761 Member

Marmat please continue this TL. I see great possiblities.