Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

SS man in Berlin July 2009

Discussion in 'Living History' started by Mr. S, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Hi everybody, I hope this is the right place to post this photo.
    I was in Berlin for a long weekend with my better half in July. (Took in the ww2 sites and went on a Third Reich tour, which was really interesting. Runs on every Sunday at 1pm from just behind the Brandenburg gate.)
    We were on our way to the flea market on 17 Juni Strasse when I spied something/ someone from the past moving around in the Russian war memorial, slightly to the side.
    Couldnt believe my eyes when I noticed the uniform. Standing with a good looking girl was an SS officer. They werent too happy when they saw me take pictures. Time to go I thought when I heard them shout "HALT!"
    Have a look.:eek:

regards John

Attached Files:

2. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Mr. S ,

My expert evaulations conclude that you probably took a picture of what seems to be... a nazi ghost.

oh wait... nevermind, he's just really white

:p

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im surprised that the Polizei were not there bashing his reenacting fantasy-filled head in. I think he needs to do a bit more research on what an Allgemeine SS uniform looks like :lol: :lol:

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Looks like some kind of interview taking place. I agree with Carl, looks like he took a Kriegsmarine coat and slapped on a NSDAP armband. I am surprised because isn't the display of the swastika still banned? The young lady brings to mind Femke Janssen's 007 charactor Onatopp.

5. Chesehead121

Chesehead121 Member

Hrm. Yes, I believe it is, because some guy got arrested for training his dog hitler's salute. Too bad Hitler tainted the swastika, it was actually like a buddhist sign of peace before the Nazis used it. (I think.)

6. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

My brother had a similar experience to yours in England when they ran into the guards...MAKE WAY!!! :D

7. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

It has been used by numerous cultures, the Hindus probably got it first and passed it on to the Buddhists, it also made it's way into Nordic cultures which is why the Fins used it for quite a while. Still used quite often on various eastern religious buildings, pictures and so on.

8. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

Looks like a couple of nasty scrotes breaking the law. Do you have a larger copy and any other photos of them which you'd be happy to share?

cheers,

9. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

If you pm me your email I will send you the pic in its original spec.
    But never mind him I think you might be after the girl :eek: she was a stunner!!
    It actually looked like a fashion shoot. Hugo Boss was no where in sight though.:rolleyes: Never thought I would have seen this there.

regards John

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

or were they shooting a film?

11. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Hi skipper, I think it was just a photoshoot but they sure were very nervous. I couldnt believe my eyes.
    Thought I had been transported back in time!

12. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

Thanks John, pm sent. Doesn't look like much a shoot though, hardly any kit. My favourite part of the story is how they shouted "Halt!" and you buggered off... no hint of the blind obedience they're probably desperate for... wierd happening though.

13. Milleniumgorilla

Milleniumgorilla Member

Well I did some research and couldn't find out anything about the incident. But I doubt that they acted without permission because otherwise it would be a very serious conviction.
    And the swastika is not entirely banned in Germany it's allowed in acts of civic education, in defense against unconstitutional activities, for historical research and teaching and for art.
    This applies also to any symbol of any kind of unconstitutional organisation (communist, terrorist etc)

Grüße
    Philipp

14. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

There were boxes and boxes of stuff around thier feet on the steps and by the wall. Inside the Russian memorial. Just a weird moment in time. Glad I saw it though.
    Milleniumgorilla, my congratulations, on a wonderful city, and people. Had the time of my life there. And I will have to go back, for more!
    regards John

Milleniumgorilla likes this.
  15. USMC

USMC Member

He looks as if he put on a black trench coat and his girl sewed him the armband hahaha. I am very surpised that he wasn't taking a beating from those people.