Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Boba Nette, May 11, 2005.

1. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Interesting. Most SW fans that I know consider Episode 2 to be the worst of the films so far. I tend to agree, although I loved Obi-wan's scenes and the final battle. Episode 5, "The Empire Strikes Back", is generally considered the best of them so far. But to each his own.

2. ray243

ray243 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Aim the superlasers at trekkies :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :smok: :smok:

3. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Odd - I always saw Episode I as the worst ever. I agree about Episode V though... :D

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    According to the radio yesterday George Lucas has said that the Prequels were not cr*p at all, it's just that the media is controlled by fans of the original 3 films so that's why Episode 1 and 2 get such a slating in the press! Touch of the conspiracy theorist there or what? :lol:

Personally I thought Episode 1 was pretty dire, but at least I watched it all the way through which is something I've yet to do with Episode 2 - I watched about the first half of it and had so completely lost interest by that point that I turned it off.

5. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    See Simon, you're just part of a conspiracy to discredit some fine films... :D

6. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Damn, rumbled, yes alright my hidden agenda all along was to wait patiently for the opportunity to add yet more criticism against Episodes 1 and 2! Foiled Again! :lol:

7. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
  8. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That story has a fairly negative spin.It's not like waiting outside for hours for tickets,sporting events,etc....is something new.It happens all the time.
    The media rarely portrays anything in a positive light unless it is a politician.

9. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A problem with turning a movie off halfway through is that you might miss the best part. Such as in the case of Episode II, in which the first half isn't much to write home about but the second makes up for a lot of previous damage.

Corp: I do still think that V was probably the best of the whole series, but since the best one of an awful series is still a bad movie... :D

10. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Or by carrying on you might waste yet another hour of your life watching something that turns out to be just as tedious and uninteresting in the second half as the first.

As a pretty simple rule of thumb, if a film fails to interest me after an hour it's not likely to interest me after two, so I usually turn it off at that point, unless I genuinely have nothing better to do (Hasn't happened in the last five years!). That's not to say I wont try to watch it again at a later date as I appreciate that some times you just have to be in the right frame of mind to really get the most out of some films.

11. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Agreed, except that I usually only take a half-hour testing period... :D

I've only watched the Star Wars movies because they are such classics that one misses a lot of jokes and parodies if one hasn't seen them. Another thing is the fact that with every one of these movies I expect them to get better, or to have something nice or spectacular about them that makes them worth the watch. Note that I've never fully seen any Star Wars movie more than once.

12. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Um, was the second half of Episode II notably better?
    You had lots more action, but 'better' is highly debatable. :p

13. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Just been to see it....not bad but the special effects allowed some of the fighting to become almost too fast to see.

For some reason the lines 'Fight fair you bastard' and 'I'm invincible' spring to mind during the final part of the battle between Obi wan Kenobi and Darth Vader.

:smok:

14. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    the last 2 star wars movies were boring and hard to understand for the average movie goer , the storylines and plot have gotten so complicated and uninteresting , I like the old ones , i heard that Lucas has learned from the mistakes of the last 2 and has made a great film this time around.

15. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!"
    "Yes I have"
    "Look!"
    "It's just a flesh wound"

:lol:

Did anyone else notice the tendency of Star Wars sword battles to end with arms falling off? I haven't seen III yet, but if it happens again, I'm gonna just laugh. :)

16. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I very nearly did.

:D

17. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I missed the bit where a stormtrooper nealy knocks himself out running into a doorframe.

:smok:

18. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    those storm troopers have bad aim !

19. Kellhound

Kellhound New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Too short barrels. And how are you going to aim properly wearing those helmets? :D

20. PMN1

PMN1 recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Does anyone in the UK see a similarity in the Tony Blair/Gordon Brown story to the Darth Plagueus story that Palpatine told.

Tony Blair = Darth Plagueus

Gordon Brown = Apprentice (almost definatley Palpatine)

This would make Charles Clarke or David Blunkett Anekin but I'm not sure who that would make Obi Wan etc.