Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

terrorists 'rights'?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by bronk7, Jan 10, 2015.

1. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

the US is not here to take care of EVERY person in the world! we already pay big bucks to help the world! they are not being punished...it's not the US's job to SUPPORT the world...and that's what it is ---thanks for all replies

2. Takao

Takao Ace

It happens all the time...I was laid off back in 2001, and that layoff included those with 6 months service to those with 20 years. That had nothing to do with immigration, but poor business practices by my employer.

Word to the wise never lend large amounts of money to your customers, it will make your production numbers look good, but it will also bite you in the butt when they can't pay.

It all depends on where you live...Where I live, they are...Where some of my friend live they are not.

The US has been averaging over a million legal immigrants a year since 2000. Fortunately or unfortunately, things are better in the US than where the immigrants are currently living.

Way...Housing costs have always been very high in NYC. Back in the mid-90's my sis and her 2 roomies were paying roughly $2,100 for the second and third floors of a three story walk-up...In Lancaster, PA, I was paying $550 for a two floor house.

That is a very simplistic way of looking at economics...There are a great many reasons way the cost of goods increases, an increase in demand is only one of them.

3. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

how many jobs are created per year? then add in the million! immigrants [adults PLUS next generation of their kids PER year ], and you get a minus.....sure, get laid off, but it's harder to find a job because there more workers....are you saying wages will stay static/go up and prices static with a MILLION people coming in per year, plus kids?? the big boys fight hard to give a decent raise...they increase the prices on the goods, but the wage increase is nowhere near commensurate, when there are more workers........

4. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

it doesn't take many more factories and those workers to produce the goods that the people [immigrants] are buying...that's what factories do<>produce much/more at lower/keeping their cost.low....they might hire a few more workers, but not enough to keep up with the population explosion..

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Quite often its the opposite...i call it the social worker effect...The majority of social workers are ex patients themselves.
    People who have felt marginalised in their life have a tendancy to have a dissproportionate empathy and consequent sympathy for people they see in the same situations...these are the bleeding hearts...they need help, not an advocate's job...

6. Takao

Takao Ace

Somewhere around 2.9 million in 2014, but, of course, those numbers are always being adjusted.

Why add in the next generation, when said generation is not yet around, and won't be for another 15-20 years?

Your not making any sense...

No...It's harder to find a job(a good factory one), because, for the most part, manufacturing is cheaper overseas. Although that is slowly becoming less of a factor as those overseas nations are growing.

Further to the point...How do you expect some poor, unskilled, English illiterate immigrant to compete for these highly prized factory jobs...Answer...There not going to be very competitive at all.

Your welcome to quote the passage...But nowhere did I say that. Apparently you misunderstood

Prices for goods go up because of increased wages, increased costs in raw materials, increased taxes, increased fuel costs, increased rent, etc. All this is additional overhead that is passed along to the consumer.

Yes, they always have...The "small boys" too, I've known a few mom-and-pop shops that were always tight with their pennies.

As to wages and prices, much has bee written on the matter...and of course opinions differ.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=inflation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=increase+in+prices+vs+wages

Not exactly sure what point you are trying to make here? Manufacturing jobs have plummeted, but the service industry has exploded. As of 2013, manufacturing employed about 13% of the work force...The service sector employed around 84%.

Immigrants are not going to be working for Ford or Boeing, they will be working for Wal-Mart or McDonalds.

7. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

they do work for Boeing and Ford..you don't think immigrants compete for jobs at these places?? we have them in the engineering section..are you kidding?? so what,? they still compete with Americans for jobs Americans want in factories/etc.... .... .now<>let's say that isn't true, but those immigrants' sons and daughters WILL be competing with native American sons and daughters...there are about 3 million high school graduates per year [ just graduates, not all 18 year olds ] not counting college graduates....and there are about, at most, 3 mil jobs created per year..no matter how you look at it, I. myself, my kids, all Americans have to compete for jobs with people from all over the world.....screwed! we are being screwed!! big time...why should Americans be screwed like this? more people more crime...no, not everyone is a criminal, but why bring more crime in?? [ from what I see, some immigrant cultures DO bring in a significant amount of criminals ] jesus, what about the Boston bombers??my god, we had a Russian engineer that said the Chechens are trouble...they bomb/kill school children/women/etc, and we allow some of them over here??? look what you get ??? a BOMBING?? yes, punish the few [ if that's what you want to call it ] at least we would have some Americans not murdered, no??? wouldn't that have saved lives!!??

8. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

and, on TOP of the Boston bombers, one of them got a scholarship, that should've gone to an American!!! triple screwed

9. Takao

Takao Ace

"native American sons and daughters"????

You mean like the Apache, Cherokee, Navajo, etc.

green slime likes this.
  10. Takao

Takao Ace

This is just so wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

And your tax payer dollars make it aaalllll possible...we pay to make things harder for ourselves....Not what i want my tax dollars going on...

12. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

bronk7, You are stead fast against immigration as it apparently hurt's America yet it has been immigration that has made America what it is today. With out immigration over the last several hundred years America would have merely been a sparsely populated nation whose economy would still be rivaled by the UK. With out immigration the US would not have been the sleeping giant in WWII, With out immigration America would not be one of the worlds biggest innovators, With out immigration America would be a nobody in the world sphere.

With out immigration you bronk7 would not be in the US and very likely would not exist at all.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

One can get too much of a good thing...the US had needs...they are now being met...so where to for immigration now? Immigration has too much "what can you do for me" attatched to it...we should be asking "what can you do for us"...And decide accordingly. Of course you can write to your local politician and ask him/her to stop signing these bloody agreements that end up obligating ourselves...who decides this on our behalf?

14. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

:eatpopcorn:

15. green slime

green slime Member

Let's look at where a large part of the American money generated by American corporations goes today.

Consider the latest success story of the last few years, apple.

CEO Tim Cook pulled in $9.2 million in 2014, according to a Thursday filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission, more than twice what he took home the year before.
    But put that next to the earnings of retail chief Angela Ahrendts and it looks like a pittance. Her total came in at over $73 million for the year, on a base salary of $1 million.

Top level executives now earn far more in excess of what their employees do. This trend has been since the 70's, but let's see a graph of 15 years...

[​IMG]

Trickle down doesn't seem to be working...
    But let's blame immigration. Because, you know 1 million immigrants is less than 1% of the population, and includes people that aren't competing for jobs (children), as well as people that generate jobs, through their own industry. Immigrants are known to show a greater degree of entrepreneurship than non-immigrants.

16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

And these few companies generate millions/billions and employ millions...you know better than that GS...without large companies we would all be still in villages earning a pittance...the CEOs can have their millions if it means I can earn 100k plus a year on the back of the company...I then spend that money in my community and so on...the arguement you are peddling is old and short sighted...

17. green slime

green slime Member

Read again. No one is arguing against the existance of companies. Only one employs millions. Most large companies have employees measured in the hundreds of thousands. Wal-mart being the sole global private enterprise exception with 2.2 million. What is questionable, is the renumeration packages these executives have.

So how is it the corporations of the 70's survived on the paltry CEO salaries they had back then? They've given themselves wage increases far over and beyond what the average worker gets. Even you.

18. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The corporations need the executives...the execs don't need the extra money, they just give to themselves to some extent, market forces the other...I don't think the amount of money is important in this arguement...it's what the average workers gets...is it firstly enough? Then what can we add to attract the best workforce second...this has been shown time and again to draw people from the agricultural villages to the city...their lives have changed dramatically in many/most cases...power,running water, enough food, entertainment etc etc...

19. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

To be honest i reckon we should care less about what the CEO's and the board are paying them selves and more on the taxes they are dodging.

Between 2008 and 2013 GE made $33.9 billion in US profits, They were given $2.9 billion in tax refunds, Effective tax rate of -9%. In 2012 they stashed $108 billion in offshore tax havens to avoid income tax.

Between 2008 and 2013 Boeing made $26.4 billion in US profits, They received $401 million in tax refunds, Effective tax rate -2%.

2008 - 2013 Verizon made $42.4 billion, They received $732 million in tax refunds.

List goes on and on, Big companies paying very little and in some cases getting billions back for nothing...

The combined wages of the CEO's of the top 1000 global companies wouldn't even come to close to the amount of tax dodged just by the three companies Ive mentioned.

20. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

What's the problem ? As long it is legal to stash money in tax heavens,there is no reason to complain,unless you are saying that government has a right on that money,which is a Marxist POV.

Big companies paying very little : this exemple should be followed by the public .