Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thanks to a friend

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by C.Evans, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

my friend, Bill and I have had a few chats privately already. As to Weitze, and you kow better than I what the firm has in it's holdings ; a person can always hope that things will change for the better. maybe check back in 6 months to see how the firm has progressed ?

~E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich--thats great--glad you and Bill are talking, which is onething I wanted to happen when he signed on. [​IMG]

Oh dont get me wrong--Weitze sells good stuff--ive bought about 2 grand of stuff from him over the last 3 years but, he (rather kay Bruggemann) sold my friend from Europe, an Afrika Korps Officers M-43 cap that was a fake.

My friend was able to get his money refunded but with some fuss from Bruggemann. Well, kay then again put the same cap up for sale after knowing full well that it was a fake. That is a big NO-no.

The only way ill do business with them again is if I find out kay has been replaced.

[ 23. April 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

If Weitze seems to be so big why does a person have to deal with Kay in the first place ? aren't there others with a superior knowledge of Third Reich militaria. sounds to me that Kay needs to go out to pasture for an extended period of time

~E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I think kay is the one everybody has to go through when dealing with the sale of Weitzes Militaria. He is the only person there ive ever dealt with and he seems to intercept all emails, kinda like he can pick and choose whos mail will reach Helmut. This saves his sorry butt from getting disciplined because of complaints.

Thats being cowardly if you ask me. :(

5. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Member

Greetings all -

If there is any interest here, I would be most pleased to attach some digital pictures of some of my acquirements, however, it seems to me that I am not finding out just how this might occur. Can anyone please assist me in informing me what I must do to complete this task if possible? Thank you.

Respectfully,

Bill

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Bill--I just sent Volkbert a PM to see if he can tell you how to post pictures here. Im hoping that he will see my message in the next several hours or by tomorrow. [​IMG]

7. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Member

Greetings all -

Erich, to answer your question, and until I learn how to post pics here, let me answer your question as to what I have acquired over time.

Probably my most favored item is RKT winner Major Walter P. Leibing's uniform tunic and breeches. I received this from a friend of mine who lives in Portland, and exchanged it with me for a Luftwaffe field division hauptmann tunic that I had with "AFRIKA" cuff title attatched.

He did not know that he had Herr Liebings uniform, only that it was an RKT winner's uniform. I did a lot of research on this once I found an ink stamping in the waist band of the trousers which read "W.P. Liebing". That got me searching about, and I located Major Liebing's war record.

He began as a recon pilot flying missions over Russia and Finland on the northern sector of the eastern front. After his unit was disbanded, he was assigned to a field division where he excelled at combat tactics, and was therefore attatched to a tactics training school in France.
    While there, late in the war, he was involved in turning back an American armored attack in the Nancy area. Then, he was given the assignment as commander of the 23rd FJR, 2nd FJD which was the rear guard for those para's who were falling back from their engagement at Arnhem.

Last year, I sent photo's to his son and daughter in law who confirmed that my hypothesis was indeed correct, and they informed me on how his uniform came to be in the United States. They informed me that Herr Liebing had passed away in October of 1998, and sent along an unsigned period photo of him. It is, if not THE best, then one of the best pieces in my collection.

I also enjoy collecting any and all things Luftwaffe tropical.

Thank you for asking.

Respectfully,

Bill

8. volkbert

volkbert Member

Bill, I hope my info on posting pictures helps you. I want to see the pictures of Herr Liebings uniform very much. Good to have another collector at these forums!

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

bump