Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"The Black Book"

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by JeffinMNUSA, Feb 15, 2009.

1. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

A WWII flick your wives will also like.
    Movie Review - Black Book - Bedding That Nice Nazi, and Other Wartime Perils - NYTimes.com
    The adventures of a young Jewish woman in the Dutch Resistance during the rule of NAZI in that country. Subtitled, and yes probably way more "Hollywood than History." Superb acting and storyline and some of the yarns bound up in this film are purported to be true. A great "feel" for what it must have been like for the peoples involved and I guess here is another one I can recommend.
    JeffinMNUSA

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Yeah, that was the movie I recommende in my post titled; "an unexpected surprise" back on the fourth of Feb. Very good film, and a complex mix of "good guys, bad guys, and bad guys who are good, and good who are bad"! Gripping story.

3. indianajdp

indianajdp Member

This was a blind buy Blu-Ray purchase for me in late 2007 (part of one of Amazon's Buy2Get1Free promos) and I did like it. Many. many plot twists, turns, and downright reversals. However, it's not the kind of film I need lying around with three kiddos under the age of 8 due to the, um.... rather gratutitous nudity.

If anyone would be interested in trading for this Blu-Ray, let me know!

4. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

The woman who played the lead in "The Black Book" also play Von Staufenburg's wife in Valkurie if you didn't notice.