Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The Last Live Music I Heard ?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Martin Bull, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Depeche Mode last tuesday. Pretty standard "stuff", I guess it is the end phase of their world tour as the gig never really "took off" until they played "Personal Jesus" and that was like 1 hour 30 minutes into the gig. That was my fourth Mode concert.

Got tickets for Killing Joke in April, Whitney Houston in June, U2 in August.

2. tovarisch

tovarisch Member

Bryan Adams a couple of years ago in Limassol, Cyprus lol :D

Planning on jazzing things up a bit, going to buy tickets for Metallica in April and U2 in August.:cool:

3. GPRegt

GPRegt Member

Last Friday I went along to a Haiti Fundraiser put on by my Church's minister and his band. They do 60s and he does a great Elvis. It was a cool gig!

Steve W

4. uksubs

uksubs Member

First concert I went to was Depeche Mode in 1985 :)

Kai-Petri likes this.
  5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Now THAT was a long time ago.... ;)

6. texson66

texson66 Ace

Never have been a fan of large crowds and too loud music. Back in the day, when I was dating my DW she talked me into going to a Santana concert in ABQ, NM. I did enjoy Santana's early work, but that concert was highlighting another type of music (dont ask me) that even disappointed my DW! That was my first and last live concert!

7. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

8. Hilts

Hilts Member

The Subways & AC/DC at Wembley Stadium last summer!! :D

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Saw 50 cent two weeks ago and it was a good concert. He even had a real band with guitar,bass and drums, not just the computer to play the tracks. Compared to previous gigs he was more relaxed, and enjoyed the gig with the fans.

Billy Idol coming to Finland early June, so it will be very different moods for me on 9th June with Billy, and 10th June Whitney Houston. Wonder if Whitney is in shape to do the concert as there has been rumours that her voice cannot stand singing well and that she was "under the influence of drugs" during the concerts in Australia.

10. GPRegt

GPRegt Member

Off again, this evening, to see my Minister and his band.

Steve W.

11. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Seems like a long time since I started this thread.......dragged my wife along to the Forum in Kentish Town, London tonight to see Josh Rouse. I've always liked his CD albums but didn't have great hopes of his live performance.

Wrong ! :cool: Excellent stuff - even my wife thoroughly enjoyed it......:eek:

12. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I had to rack my old brain to remember but I think it was "Paul Revere and the Raiders" back in 74'. No wait, just remembered as I write this, Roy Clark in 1972 and Barbara Mandrell at the County Fair in 1975. Me and Barbara held eye contact for much too long, sigh. Saw the "Blues Brothers" once but they were impostors. Don't get out much I guess :(

13. bigfun

bigfun Ace

Just a few weeks ago i saw Bebo Norman and Meredith Andrews, small venue, great show!

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Billy Idol was great and especially I liked Steve Stevens who played some really hot riffs with his guitar... Yes! They played for 2 hrs 15 minutes altogether which is very rare these days. Great fun!

Hopefully Bono will be better and will be able to perform in late August in Finland!

15. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Last Friday, we were at a concert here to see and hear Joe Cocker for about an hour or so, followed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers for nearly 2 1/2 hours! It was great!

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Got tickets for the Ultravox concert August 18th. They are here with the original famous line-up making hits like "Vienna" and "Reap the wild wind". Back to the eighties again...

17. edhunter76

edhunter76 Member

This year I've seen U.D.O. at Tavastia club which was absolutely storming with power, ecxellent! Gamma Ray and Freedom Call were also brilliant, both are German melodic heavy rock bands. At the beginning of June I saw Ac/Dc that put quite standard show, that wasn't so special to me.

At the beginning of August I'm going to the Sonisphere festival where I'm gonna see bands like Serj Tankian, The 69 Eyes, The Cult, Apocalyptica, Alice In Chains, Him, Anthrax, Slayer, Iggy & The Stooges, Alice Cooper (yes, he lives!), Mötley Crüe and above all - the mighty Iron Maiden!

It's a shame that they didn't get Rammstein as a second headliner with Iron Maiden as Rammstein performs in many other Sonisphere festivals. Never saw their show, but I heard that it would be worth the money. Well, hopefully some day!

This year I also hope to see Accept as they release a new album with new lineup and start their world tour.

18. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Ultravox was great on Tuesday night. Almost all songs from the Vienna Album and many hits from Rage in Eden. Great stuff. 2 and half hours of hit songs....

Next on saturday U2 in Helsinki Olympic Stadion. That will be great!

Perhaps next Kelis in October....

19. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

the odd ones.

20. ULITHI

ULITHI Ace

Shoot, the last concert I saw was before I was married over four years ago - Rob Zombie, and Godsmack. I just went to see Zombie, but he stayed on for only like 30 minutes because it was cold and rainy.

I've seen a few good ones here where I am at. One was Megadeth, Anthrax, and Motley Crue.

The best, roudiest, and craziest concert I have ever been to was Rob Zombie and Korn back in 1997. What a night!!!