Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The United Nation's

Discussion in 'Military History' started by Hans IV, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Perhaps if you rather dressed like this, bowler hat and all, you would not lead people to confusion...

[​IMG]

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I thought at first that this was Butch Cassidy, noted American outlaw. But then checking the properties of the pic, it's Bat Masterson. Bat Masterson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You want Stefan to look like a <gasp> US lawman. Perish the thought.:D

3. Za Rodinu

Spoilsport :bucky:

4. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

How would one dress to appear an 'Englishman'? Maybe something from the 'farmer chic' collection:

[​IMG]

Or maybe jacket and tie:

[​IMG]

Of course these days something more like this would be apropriate:

[​IMG]

5. Slipdigit

Shirley (and don't call me Shirley), Za, you could find a good pic of a nice English dandy to model for Stefan.

BTW, when do you sleep. You were posting last night at 10pm CDT, which was about 4 am your time, I think and you are back at it now.

6. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Who needs to sleep when you can hang upside down from a roof beam and surf the net?

7. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

One gets plenty of sleep when he is dead!! Why waste time doing it when you are alive? :D

8. Za Rodinu

[​IMG]

Actually I was having a bout of insomnia and came here to see what was going on in other time zones ;)

9. Za Rodinu

Is it my monitor acting up or are you in shades of brown? You look like a leprechaun :D

10. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

With a rather strange glittery skirt, or tailcoat. :confused:

11. lwd

lwd Ace

Information = power and wealth. A good librarian is in military terms a force multiplier. They can easily save individuals or companies more than that in a couple of months.
    Bzzzzt!!! WRONG ANSWER.
    The correct answer is any good one. At $65K you are talking not much more and perhaps less than top paid autoworkers. A good education is the foundation of success for the individual, the business, and the country. Check out the price of 1 week seminars companies will readily bay $5k for one individual to attend ie a single company may spend more than $65K for a single 1 week course for less than a score of employees.
    A classical example of gibberish

12. skunk works

skunk works Ace

On both sides of this fence.

Have 2 teachers (in extended family) for many decades now, and yes they do work their butts off for not enough money. Some say having the summer off is a boon. I've seen no summers off. Summer school, special ed, preparing an agenda for the next year, evaluations, up-grade classes, head of the department (meeting of the minds).
    Lets not even mention that if someone (of any minority) gets a grade less than what they wanted, you are pulled in before a mob, who will MAKE you provide proof of why you are not prejudice towards this individual.
    Other protocol rubbish too frequent to mention.
    Skating on thin ice (job security) 24/7.

On the other hand

I knew of someone who worked for the school scheduling games between other schools. This is all he did. Did not teach any class or was he required to perform any other function. 90k a year.
    Now a school bond issue arose for 30k. Everyone was happy, vote yes on (blah-blah) here's a ribbon and a button, it's "for the children".
    It passed. This (Mr. 90k Dufus) then retired. At 2/3rds pension, full benefits.
    Net benefits, after hiring a new 90k man, "for the children".............
    minus 30k.

You're continually paying more for less.

The biggest part of the Defense Department budget is also retirees.

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

geezo Stefan I just blopped my kaffee all over my keyboard..............good grief may I ask why of those photos ?

maybe i shouldn't

seems like school systems across the land are run by numb nutz. same here in Orygun but maybe even worse

14. lwd

lwd Ace

Not sure I'd say that's on both sides. One reason I said good teachers are worth it. Administrative costs at most schools I'm familiar with have gotten out of control.
    But many have been paying into their retirement fund for years a lot depends on how you calculate the budget. Note that older DOD civilians don't collect Social Security at least for their government time and they and their spouses get a reduced amount for non government time.

15. skunk works

skunk works Ace

one makes 40 something and works 24/7

one does not work at all and makes 60

why is this not both sides of how much work it takes to make how much ?

Politics baby

Good teachers (ones that care) are worth a fortune, unfortunately they are clumped together (one size fits all) with the rest.

You can't attack one (for being worthless & overpaid) without the "GASPS" of the politically correct saying you're against ALL teachers !

Same C_ap with minorities, men/women, gays, illegals, children, and dogs . The rubbish hides behind the "skirts" of the good and decent.

One size does not fit all, and never did.

Evaluation one by one.

Lumping works for statistics, and nothing else.....which is why figures don't lie, but liars can figure.

16. Slipdigit

Good teachers are worth it. I pay for my daughters to attend a private school. The yearly tuition, fees, etc is less than the what the public schools spend on students in my area and my daughters have smaller classes. They have far, far less administrative overhead.

I worked as a network administrator in the public school system a few years ago and it is unbelievable what the teachers have to put up with. Gov't intrusion into every aspect of schooling kills their ability to their jobs, just as it has done for nursing, which is one of the big reason I left nursing.

The No Child Left Behind should have been No Parent Left Behind, because ultimately is not the government's responsibility to see that children are schooled, it is the parent's. Parents should be held responsible for their children's behavior, effort, participation and success in school, as I am for my children. If they are disruptive or unwilling to be taught, guess what, my girls won't allowed back the next year.

Finally, it is not the school's place to teach morality to my children, it is mine and mine alone. They are there to reinforce it.

As you can probably tell, I am a firm believer in the dictum that the government that governs least, governs best.

17. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

The top one was a 'costume' made up by raiding my father and brothers wardrobes, the second is standard 'mess attire' and the latter an example of 'typical' brits these days.

What's wrong with shades of brown? ;)

18. Za Rodinu

Nothing, they provide excellent concealment in a cow field.

19. Gerard

Gerard Member

Yeah but compared to the Roman Empire it isnt even a Teenager yet!! :D

20. Herr Oberst

Herr Oberst Member

Hallo Herr General:), been on any cool military trips lately or was Berlin the latest?:cool:

Cheers,

Peter