Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

The World of PC Madness

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Richard, Jul 20, 2006.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

2. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

Yea, just so long as you don't show up at work wearing a crucifix.....

3. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Great stuff, now the Fire Brigade not only have a smart formal uniform and safer protective equipment, they also now have kit which allows people from different ethnic backgrounds to join without having to break any of their religious rules etc. Glad the fire brigade is keeping up to date with safety gear whilst at the same time making it possible for more people to join up. Cheers for posting that Gordon, managed to miss it.

TA, come on, you choose to wear a Crucifix, certain religious garb is required by some cultures. Can you not see a very simple distance there?

Oh come off it Richard, this has NOTHING to do with government regulations and everything to do with the fact that all these places are petrified that if someone hurts themselves they will sue. What does 'liberalism' have to do with it (frankly, this is exactly the opposite of proper British Liberalism)? It is because if a centre like this had allowed someone to swim and they got hurt they would take the pool/council to court!

4. GRW

So why no philabeg for Scots, football shirts for the English, kilts for the Irish, rugby shirts for the Welsh etc? :p

5. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Because all of the above are casual clothing that people wear by choice, they are also neither smart nor formal. Head-scarves, turbans and the like are all worn because of either religious requirements or because not wearing them is actually quite offensive to people of certain backgrounds.

Come on, what is wrong with adapting the uniform so people from ethnic minorities will join?

6. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

My cousing tried to join the fire brigade on discharge from the Royal Pioneer corps many many years ago....They wouldnt take him...

He was most certainly discriminated against...He had a case he thought, but knew he would lose in the end...couldnt afford the numerous court cases etc....And he had always wanted to be a front line fire man...They not only destroyed his future they destroyed his hopes, his dreams, and his belief in fairness and justice for all...They have rules...of course...regulations are just beurocracy wrapped up in a paper hat as we all know....

Prejudice...certainly....Fighting fires was all he ever wanted to do,

I just told him to get his wheelchair out of the way, I couldnt get to the bar.

And no I'm no wheelchairst....Just realist...

7. Richard

Richard Expert

Did I say anything thing about government regulation? :confused:

Well Stefan if you want the dumb loons to wrap you up in cotton wool because its unsafe to do anything feel free. :rolleyes: :p

I have a outdoor swimming pool near me and its wet every where you walk but I don't see people walking around with lawyers who have cameras and ready to slap "see you in court" paper work on the swimming pool owners. :p

I use it even in winter, should I be banned because it wet and cold? :rolleyes:

8. urqh

No, I'd ban you from certain govt departments, especially those with BIG red buttons...If your using an outdoor swimming pool in the winter....

Gordon...I have a recruit for the Scots thing...

9. Richard

Richard Expert

Chicken, too cold for you urgh. :D

For the benefit of the rest of the world I am not having ago at urgh in anyway.

Jelly baby urgh?

10. GRW

Because when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
    Besides, if people from ethnic minorities don't want to join the Fire Brigade in the first place, having their own Nomex costume won't change their minds.

11. urqh

Black one please if its allowed.

And just to point out, I always have my chicken cold....Sometimes with feathers still attached.

12. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

You are the one going on about 'liberals' but it is nothing to do with liberalism in any form, it is to do with greed and no amount of blaming your pet enemies will change that. With no-win-no-fee lawyers plying their trade all over the place I'm not surprised people are scared of being sued. To be brutally honest mate, the problem is the number of greedy idiots in the population and quite frankly if I ran this pool I wouldn't have it running if I thought there was any chance someone would hurt themself and sue me.

If people are going to be idiots and take someone to court every time they have a stupid accident that is up to them, but they shouldn't be surprised if suddenly people won't let them do things in case they get hurt and sue them. This is going to be a problem for as long as we have this 'blame' culture.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that we should base our lifestyle on cliches!

Come on Gordon, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. As for your second comment, true enough, but if people from ethnic minorities do want to join the fire brigade, having to break their religious rules to do so would change their mind.

13. urqh

Although I've read the fire service uniforms thing twice now...I dont get it, what the problem here?

Is there a certain item of kit that has been brought in especially for any one, male, female, Christian or Muslim, Sikh, Hindu etc? I dont see anything apart from the headscarf for the females being part of the uniform now...They have to wear the one given to them by the uniformed service...Thats a good thing isnt it? Rather than a profusion of different types and shades?

She does look quite good in it..I take it she's not wearing that lot in a building burning and only in the call centre?

I'd be more interested if rules are broken on the Breathing apparatus requred and beards rulings if they still exist...being put to one side...Then I may say oi...whats that all about...

14. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

There isn't a problem Urqh, but some people are insecure and scared that by adapting rules in some areas so that it doesn't deliberately exclude a large portion of the population constitutes destroying our own way of life.

What is wrong with tolerance?

15. Richard

Richard Expert

Here you urgh. :D

[​IMG]

16. urqh

Its still got its head on, so I presume you aint licked it...Favourites..ta...

17. Richard

Richard Expert

Just for you Stefan I will retract using the word liberals from this point on.

I offer you Stefan a handshack...

18. urqh

Dont take it stefan...its a trick...what the flipping heck is a handshack...

Move the robot in first...

19. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

No worries Richard, I take your point. I know what you mean about society getting silly but it is due to idiots and our compensation culture, more than anything else.

*shakes hand*

Richard likes this.
  20. Richard

Richard Expert

:lol: