Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Theatre of War II: Coming soon

Discussion in 'Combat Mission' started by Paulverisor64, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Paulverisor64

Paulverisor64 Member

I have been lamenting on not being able to get CMBB up and running. It appears the problem is beyond technical support and my capabilities.

In browsing the Battlefront forum I see that there is a new game on the horizon which is named Theatre of War II. Battlefront Forum - Announcements in Forum : Theatre of War 2 : Kursk 1943

This game looks a lot like what I would be interested in playing. The format would not be turned based, but if it is anything like Combat Mission in format I would have to believe it wouldn't be the typical button mashing RTS. In fact I was in the middle of typing out a forum topic which stated that the ultimate RTS would be Combat Mission with an updated game engine, that wasn't turn based.

Perhaps I have just missed the threads but why isn't Theatre of War I big in this forum. It really sounds like it would be right up everyone's ally in realism. Is this because it would not be capable of being PBEM?

In reading the Battlefront forums this game promises to be even better than the original. It will feature an ingame campaign generator and new MP modes.

2. Paulverisor64

Paulverisor64 Member