Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thompson 5Mag pouches

Discussion in 'Living History' started by volf13, Sep 27, 2009.

1. volf13

volf13 Member

At the start sorry for the same 2 posts in diffrent categories. Good Evening! I think that this category suits better.

I recently had bought a thompson 5 magazine pouch. It seems that it was used for short magazines http://photos02.allegroimg.pl/photos...2/05/728120593

I noticed that USMC used them in Pacific theater and in Europe.

Im going to play airsoft with them and I use M43 uniform with suspenders and pistol belt. The only thing that i got to know is:
    Were the soldiers carrying long magazines in short magazine pouches? Will it be Okay when I'd carry long mags in this configuration? I know that thompson smgs were carried by higher ranked soldiers.
    I just want to know historical comparsion.
    Thanks for help.

2. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Here is a site which sells both 30 and 20 round pouches, you might want to take a look and see if the difference would make your "use" in accurate. I personlly don't think it would, but I'm not into re-enacting stuff or airsoft games.

Goto:

Thompson®-Compatible Magazine Pouches | e-GunParts.com=

And check them out.

3. volf13

volf13 Member

I just want to know, if the soldiers were holding Long magazines in Short magazine pouches. I heard that in USMC sometimes it was more popular because having 5 mags was just better than 3.