Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Thread for Other Wars?

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by Mussolini, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I recently watched a TV Show called 'Rebellion' about the Easter Uprising in Ireland in 1916. It got me thinking about WWI a bit, but more specifically the Irish. So I was wondering if there was a possibility of having a form for pre-WW2 Conflicts? Nothing Modern.

Essentially, my thought is more along a 'What If' scenario...what if those 20,000 guns the Germans sent to Ireland hadn't been confiscated by the British, but made it to the Irish Volunteers? With 20,000 more guns in Irish hands, the 6,000 or so soldiers that were sent to deal with the Rebellion would not have been enough - I could go on, with the rest of my 'what if' but was wondering where, if anywhere, I could pose such a question? Deals more with WWI than anything of course, but its hard to look at WW2 without also looking at the influence WW1 had on things.

Otto likes this.
  2. Otto

Otto GröFaZ Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

20,000 guns in the hands of an untrained group, vs 6,000 trained, disciplined, and cohesive troops would be a one side affair in favor of the 6,000, but tat's another debate...

As to opening other areas of military history for discussion, it's a good idea and is exactly what the plan is here, but I'm going to do it after we migrate software & server. We are due for a major re-structuring here, and I'm willing to open up to all areas of history. I also get a surprising number of requests for a WWII art showcase and a WWII model showcase area, both of which will be in place after the move.

I do have a good number of items on my plate right now, so feel free to drop me a reminder if you feel things have gotten dropped in the move.

3. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

The Military History section is meant for other wars; there's info on a variety of stuff other than WW1.

4. Otto

Otto GröFaZ Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I probably should have specified that I meant sub-forums dedicated to other historical periods, not just threads. We will always be a WW2 discussion board, but other conflicts are always welcome fodder.