Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

'Trinket' from Nuremberg

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by Martin Bull, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

My favourite shop in Nuremburg is a genuine 'trodl' ( junk ) shop near the station. Run by a real 'character', it is piled high with some real rubbish, but if you ask for Third Reich stuff it appears from under the counter.

Last time, I bought a couple of 'Reichsparteitag' badges, this time there was less of interest to me. But pinned to a card in the window something took my eye. I got it for 10 Euros and it is easily the smallest piece of 'militaria' in my collection.

[​IMG]

It's a pin-badge issued in connection with the Nazis election efforts in 1933. Their slogan was ' Dein Ja - dem Fuhrer !' ( ' Your Yes - for the Fuhrer !' ) - a 'yes' vote enabled the Nazi Party to take power.

These pin badges were made in huge numbers for people to wear to signify their voting intentions - and in later years, were proudly worn to show how the wearer voted ( or liked people to think he voted ! ;) ).

A nice and unusual piece of memorabilia.

Erich likes this.
  2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Nice one!

You didn´t buy the NSDAP member badge at the same time, did you, Martin?

;) ;)

3. Martin Bull

...actually, I already have one ! ;)

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Martin, i've never seen nor heard of these. Nice stickpin.

I've got a few in my possession as well. I don't think any of them are rare with the exception to the one I have from the Imperial German 51st Infantry Division Vets Association. When I get in and learn how to use my new digital camera, im goinig to be a picture posting pistol. ;-))

5. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

That's a very nice little piece.

6. Joe

Joe Ace

Wow, a 1940's era 2p as well! You really have an eye for this stuff, don't you Martin!

7. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

On the subject of 'Trinkets' - here are some Third Reich 'Tinnies' from my collection.

Attached Files:

Martin Bull and Kai-Petri like this.
  8. bigfun

bigfun Ace

nice!

9. Martin Bull

Excellent collection, JP44 ! A nice set of Reichsparteitag badges there.....

10. Martin Bull

When I was in Nuremberg a few years back, my favourite antique shop had a big 'Reichsparteitage' souvenir Bierkrug in the window - but it was a bit rich for my taste at 100 Euros :(

This time, I really wanted to get one, but that one was long gone and none of the antique shops I went to had any.

So recently I tried on 'Deutsch e-bay' and sure enough.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, these aren't especially rare - they were made by the thousands - but it's nice to have in my collection and I won it with a bid of 27 Euros.

And it'll be handy when I fancy a litre of Bier.....;)

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

beautiful example Martin, especially from you walk abouts in Nürnberg recently, nice touch, sometimes good ol ebay can come up with some really fun items and not strip your pocket book.

I was able to purchase something similiar in the way of a large Bier krug off ebay.com :

Würzburger Hofbräu with star and crown and a Heilbronner Kätchen Bier, fine examples in the collection

12. Martin Bull

Another interesting little bit of Nuremberg ephemera just came my way - a souvenir postcard of the 1934 NSDAP rally...

[​IMG]

At first I thought someone had scribbled on the reverse, but a closer look reveals numerous signatures, in the way that groups sometimes sign menus, etc. I reckon this was a group who travelled to the rally together - I just can't make out the old-style German writing, but are they maybe writing to a Professor or schoolteacher ? The salutation would appear so. Anyhow, it's dated 7th September 1934, and for sure someone kept it for a long time.....

[​IMG]

13. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Quite an interesting piece Martin. Nice find.

14. Martin Bull

Someone over at the War Relics Forum was far more clued-up than me......the postcard is addressed to 'Parteigenosse Wehmeyer' ( Party Comrade Wehmeyer ) and the thinking is that this is most likely a souvenir sent to him by a group from Cologne who attended the 1934 rally together........

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I believe I can can read "zum besten grüssen vom Reichparteitag" . also the bigger "scribbles" are in fact also 2 more signatures, possibly from the group leaders. Why did he not go? , well distance could be a factor . In 1934, the priority was food and the man was from Cologne which would have meant quite a trip to Nünrnberg.