Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ukraine

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by KodiakBeer, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

They are definitely never pretty. I must say that the almost 30% of the countries support lies with the Svaboda party is very unnerving.

2. Karjala

Karjala Don Quijote

If one had to choose between "Svoboda" and someone/-thing waiving the reg rag, the decision wouldn´t be too difficult ...

3. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Actually historical prices adjusted for inflation actually has oil being produced and sold profitably at the $28 mark.. Any more just becomes corporate and government (tax) greed.

4. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

With Al-Queada what needs to be acknowledged is they are not just one people with one view. They are a massive mix of people with many views, Some sections are bad while in other sections they are better then many of our Middle Eastern allies.

5. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

6. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Svoboda got 10% of the vote in the last election, so I don't think they represent much of an issue.

Russian troops, tanks and artillery are rolling into the Crimea so I think we see the future - a partition.

The US and Britain signed an agreement in 1994 to protect Ukraine from foreign incursion in return for their giving up nuclear weapons, but I see little chance that our government will honor it and I doubt the UK will go in alone if we throw Ukraine under the bus.

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Actually historical prices adjusted for inflation actually has oil being produced and sold profitably at the $28 mark.. Any more just becomes corporate and government (tax) greed.

Nobody profits at 28 a barrel. Oil should be heavily taxed. The tax collected does a lot of good. Here at least.

Karjala and kerrd5 like this.
  8. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Well for many many many decades they produced it at that price and made a profit. That said if all the extra cash raised was for taxes wouldn't be so bad except it is not, All it is is greater profits to big business that hurts far to many. In fact Saudi Arabia has come to the opinion that high oil prices are affecting growth of 3rd world nations and that the oil should be lowered in price.

High oil prices will only help a few, But many many many more will be hurt along the way.

9. DangerousBob

DangerousBob New Member

On paper at this point Europe and America should use military action against Russia. As K Bear said, the 94 agreement to protect Ukraine sovereignty is in full effect at this point.

However I think we all know that at the most they will just write a strongly worded letter saying "please don't do that or we will be very very angry."

10. JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA Member

10% can do a lot of damage if they are armed and determined. WWII was just yesterday in Eastern Europe and I suppose Putin does not want to see what happened in Jugoslavia-ie. chaos and then the ethnics picking up their weapons and starting up where their grandfathers left off- happening in the Crimea. One thing you do not want to be in Eastern Europe when the feces hits the fan and it is in the minority. ANd you especially would not want to be a member of the Russian speaking minority in the Crimea with the kind of historical grievances existent in that land!

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Hope there will be no war. Well, if there are polls then the Crimea area wants to go to Russia, and Ukraine to EU. Maybe that´s the solution...??

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Krimea was only attached to Ukraine in 1954. Originally it was peopled by Tatars , but that was before Uncle Joe deported them . Nowadays the Russian speaking Ukrainians there represent 60% of the population. This does not mean the 40% are Ukrainian ethnics, but they belong to all sort of other minorities.

13. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I ll just leave this here..good article..one I agree with totally...ill just add...thrre aint going to be any nukes ...New York is safe...however Europe needs no more holes and destroyed buildings and lives...we need no Syrias here thank you. Any that scream the rhetoric of the cold war can do so safe in their lands that wont get a rpg up their bum. And my son and others are not about to fight and die for the Ukraine...Georgia or any other eastern state whos people will soon enough be hopping on a bus to here anyway once the politicos allow em into an enlargef Eu that many of us abhor anyway...Tough words tto some...but its a tough world...Nato play in Afghanistan and many of us have warned of the real danger...now the panic in defence planning for years ahead and the realisation we are once again planning our military around the wrong war...The west has no right to promise these states anything like they have over recent years,,, not unless you wany our guys and girls to fight for them..incliding America.http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/ukraine-crisis-no-wonder-vladimir-putin-says-crimea-is-russian-9162734.html

14. SKYLINEDRIVE

SKYLINEDRIVE Member

We sure do not need any more holes...but do we need another "Führer"???

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

The Danzig corridor is now the Sebastopol corridor. History repeats itself , scary.

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Danzig? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSn0SbQJQI

17. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Ok, so what started all this stuff over there? It started in the heat of the Mardi Gras season and I must have missed something during the festivities? Why does Putin want to invade the Ukraine to begin with? They do owe him a lot of money from what I hear, but is that all? Is it over the Crimea too? Or did all those gold medals won by the Rooskies in Sochi go to his head?

18. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Interesting you should mention the Sochi Games. It occurred to me that it is quite a coincidence that Putin invaded the Crimea so soon after the Olympics. Good cover for increasing Russia's military presence in the region. Maybe a long term strategy in choosing Sochi for the Games?

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

19. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Russian Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked ass? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our ass!

[​IMG]

20. Takao

Takao Ace

That's pretty funny, since the Cossacks are Putin's lap dogs.

I don't see them as biting the hand that feeds them.