Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Upcoming WW2 films list

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by PizzaDevil, Apr 13, 2009.

1. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Maybe sticky this topic and post all the upcoming WW2 films ( and ww2 drama ) here? :rolleyes:

2. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Ehm, waiting for a reply? :)

Okay, I will for a while and see how it does.

3. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

Red Tails by George Lucas - focusing on the Tuskee Airmen of the 332nd throughout Europe. Oh, please don't screw this one up, George....

4. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

there is one comming out on cable tv on 25th april called vayloa (wrong spelling,just can't remember how to spell it).the advert came out a couple of times,that''se how i know of this movie.
    it's about an Aussie soldier that stays behind with his injured comerade and both die,very said.

5. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

Inglourious Basterds

Directed By Quentin Tarantino

Plot:

In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers

6. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

Yeah, forgot about that one...

7. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Thanks for making it sticky :).

Vayloa?

I dont know of any upcoming that I haven't seen yet.

Also are there upcoming new documentaries?

8. Heidi

There ist a movie comming out on the april 30th called "defiace".
    Something to do with jewish undercover as german soldiers,just seen the perviews on the telly.

9. Rubberman

Rubberman Member

10. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

Thanks for posting the trailer, i saw it a few months ago when i saw Watchmen in the theaters, defiantly looked enjoyable, i haven't seen the original so i don't know how they will compare to each other.

11. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

comes to dvd right? i know i saw the movie trailers sometime last year. looked like an enjoyable movie I like Daniel craig although im not into bond.

12. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

Defiance came out already. It's not that great. Watching inglorious Basterds would probably be pretty annoying for me given what I know about the German side. I'm also not a fan of Tarantino. His only decent film was Pulp Fiction.

13. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

Don't mean to go off topic wasn't fond of pulp fiction, i did enjoy grindhouse and reservoir dogs though the only scene i find even remotely good was the be cool bitch part at the diner.

Wolfy, what did you mean by it would be annoying, do you mean because theres bound to be a lot of factual errors?

14. Heidi

what's so anooying abuot the german side?

not in australia,don;t forget Wolfy,not everyone is frome amirica. australia gets the movies after america.;)

15. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Valkyrie comes out on dvd on may 19...

For those who haven't seen it ...i think it was pretty good...it would have been better if Tom Cruise wasn't in it.

I did a lot of reading on the german resistance movement and operation Valkyrie..gotta say the movie was pretty accurate.

There needs to be a good war movie to be produced.. none of that wishy washy over-acted lovey dovey crap...

Good old fashion warfare...

I suggest maybe a movie about Rommel ¨the desert fox¨ or about the battle in northern Africa .

It doesn't always have to be a movie about the allied side..

16. kuuk

kuuk Member

Many years ago, I saw a movie about a (non-allied) High ranked German Officer, though mostly portrayed as anti - Nazi. The movie was about Admiral Canaris, who was a sympathetic German and played by Otto E. Hasse. He has been in many 50ish movies such as 08/15 part two, Der Artzt von Stalingrad, Kriegie and others.

17. Heidi

Every one! the movie Inglorious Basterds is comming out next week,i defferenlty watching this movie! (unless it has already came out):eek:

It's about ww2 American jewish soldiers stationed in germany's france area,that fight germans. Can't wait.
    Just letting every one know!;)

18. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I think the similarity between tom cruise and claus stauffenberg was a possibility,but that did,nt detract from a very enjoyable film,ray..

19. socioanthroman

socioanthroman Member

What about a movie that depicts Monte Cassino? It could be Oscar worthy, if the dramatic bombing of Cassino was included, make it about the texas div. or something! Maybe thats just my dream. We just can not get off the Normandy train.

20. bigmick

bigmick Member

JUST ADDING A NOTE;I am in Aus and just recently watched a doco on discovery about Australian Victoria Cross winners and there was a story about a guy ,who was uninjured, stayed behind with his best friend. His friend was badly wounded and would have died anyway . The problem is I think it was in vietnam, but I may be wrong.
    Also I was on the warriors inc. website( capt. Dale Dyes, website and conpany) and he was in pre-production on a Film called "no better place to die" but had funding problems. i think it was going to be based on 120 101st paratroopers in normandy defending a village against a division.
    Please gents excuse my lack of details and remembering details. i am terminally ill and i forget a lot of things...i do apologise.:rolleyes: