Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What Are You Reading?

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Mahross, Feb 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I drove Patton's "shortcut" to Messina while I was stationed at Sigonella. Had to stop at Corleone, but didn't buy a Godfather T-shirt. The Carabinieri were cool with us, the white NAFI plates got us out of a few scoldings.

Half Track likes this.
  2. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

I would think that the Tiger's muzzle blast would cause some serious injury if not death to that courageous jeep driver. That historical documentary implies otherwise.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

[​IMG]

OpanaPointer likes this.
  4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I had just finished spruiking one of my favourite books to a mate at work and thought though ive posted this before, why not again...

Doomfarers of Coramonde
    [​IMG]

Blurb: MISSION to HELL - Just yesterday, Sergeant Gil MacDonald and his APC crew had been fending off an ambush in a Viet Nam jungle. In the middle of the firefight, some kind of magic spell had transported them to this Fantasy Land complete with flying dragons, wizards, crazy castles, and dispossessed princes.They would stay trapped here forever unless they could rescue the sorceress Gabrielle. Master magician, Amon, held her captive in his palace; and to reach her, Gil and his men would have to infiltrate Hell itself!

5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Roger Zelazny, just a suggestion. "Nine Princes In Amber" for a starter.

CAC likes this.
  6. Riter

Riter Well-Known Member

Finished Colburn's Diary of a Common Footsoldier.

MOUNT UP!: One Cavalryman's World War II Diary: Europe & Beyond by Gough. Gough started out as a cavalry trooper at Fort Riley, KS and because of his mechanical aptitude transitioned from "horsey" to "greasy" (mechanized). He fought as in Europe as a member of the 17th Cavalry Squadron, 15th Cavalry Group.

OpanaPointer likes this.