Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What have you been watching?

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Deep Web Diver, Dec 15, 2003.

1. bigfun

bigfun Ace

The Devils Brigade.

2. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

Actually trying not to watch too much tv now. New family rule is that the TV goes off at 9pm for all of us (although I admit to turning on SportsCenter after everyone is long asleep!).

We are all reading more, sleeping better hours and the kids are able to get up at 5am for school with no fatigue!

3. Trouble

Trouble Otto's #1

Otto and I have been watching a lot Hogan's Heroes lately. We have also started enjoying a new series called Burn Notice. I really enjoy the character, Fionna, she shares my love of C4!

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That was a decent movie. I saw it a few months ago - while eating a Bacon-Cheeseburger from Wal-Bangers.

Also, im thinking of watching the next movie they made-where they escaped from GITMO.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Last night being the last time I saw anything on TV, I watched: "Take the High Ground" starring Richard Widmark, Karl Malden, Steve Forrest and Russ Tamblyn." Not a great movie but, it's very decent entertainment.

And to my surprise after that, they had another Richard Widmark movie on-which is fast becoming a favorite of mine because the CONFEDERATES win one for a change-is called: "Alvarez Kelly." w/ Richard Widmark, William Holden, Patrick O'Neil, Harry Carey Jr. and HOWARD CAINES (aka) Maj. Hochstetter, from Hogan's Heroes.

After that (as I noticed it must have been Richard Widmark Night on TCM, I watched part of: "The Way West" w/ Widmark, Kirk Douglas, Robert Mitchum, Jack Elam, and a very young ((18 yrs old at the time, I think? or 20)) (and good-looking too) Sally Fields.

Tonight will be the first and original of the four movies: The Magnificent Seven w/ Yul Brynner, Robert Vaughn, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Eli Wallach, Horst Buccholz (SP?) Eli Wallach (as usual) was great as the bad guy.

6. STURMTRUPPEN

STURMTRUPPEN Member

i have been watching the platoon the last drop saving private ryan and the thin red line lately

7. krieg

krieg Ace

more of . the world at war .. still interesting
    best krieg

8. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

I watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Angela Lansbury, Roddy McDowell) yesterday. I had forgotten that it had a WWII theme woven into it. My family saw the opening sequence of the Home Gaurd and thought I had tricked them into watching another WWII film!

9. fsbof

fsbof Member

A few weeks ago, I bought the 5-DVD set The Color of War, which ran on THC a few years ago. I watched / taped it then, but decided I needed it on disc when my VCR went kaput. The color footage is absolutely stunning (it's real, not colorized) - Pz IV with schurzen trudging past; troops landing under fire on Omaha; camouflaged Flakvierling firing upwards at an unseen airplane; USN DD making a hard stardborad turn only a couple hundred yards off a beach; B-25 making a hard crash-landing. This week, I'm going to order The World at War and Battle 360 (I'm an Enterprise nut) - all good stuff.

10. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I have just purchased and watched LA VIEUX DUSIL. A gripping and powerful movie about a french doctor who's family is slaughtered by the nazis...

I have not seen this since I was a little kid and am ecstatic that its now in my movie library now!

11. Halldin

Halldin Member

12. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

World at War boxed set, a bargain at forty quid.

13. krieg

krieg Ace

tonight on the box tonight for krieg is. rome open city .. sounds good
    cheers krieg

14. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I-507 Lorelei

Some manga feelings there and the story pretty absurd but some things also that were quite new to Japanese war films that I´ve seen: the first that was more anti-war than pro-war really. And the there was a coup in the top ranking officers trying to make the war continue 1945 by brutal force so maybe there is a change in the way the Japanese are thinking about ww2?

15. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Anzio, by Edward Dmytryk with Robert Michum and Peter Falk. (1968)

Greatcoat Germans with Schmeissers :D They had some Brens too as the props people couldn't find enough Spandaus, I guess :lol:

Also saw The Sand Pebbles, by Robert Wise, with Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough, Richard Crenna, etc (1966).

Not exactly WW2 (pre-, rather), but certainly I enjoyed it much more than the first one.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Also bought the "Big red one" with lots of extra material for DVD, which should keep me busy for this evening...

;)

17. krieg

krieg Ace

for krieg tonight on the box is.. only three came back .
    cheers krieg

mikebatzel likes this.
  18. von Rundstedt

von Rundstedt Dishonorably Discharged

The Dam Busters.

v.R

19. Kruska

Kruska Member

The Eagle Has Landed,

I just love that movie, must be the combination of British para camouflage and Luftwaffe uniforms. :D

Regards
    Kruska

20. krieg

krieg Ace

on the box tonight for this fellow is . then there where three ..good old film
    cheers krieg