Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What if Germany was given better treatment at the Treaty of Versailles

Discussion in 'What If - Other' started by The Omega, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy-Army

Lazy-Army Member

What If Hitler never was Born?

What if....

The Soviet was a very well respected and very good country

What if....

There as no Rambo Movie.

What if....

Everyone was the oppisite sex.

What if....

Everyone was dumber?

Any one care too answers these, "what ifs?".

Joe likes this.
  2. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Well, for the last one then this forum would not exist !

3. PactOfSteel

PactOfSteel Dishonorably Discharged

What if I woke up on a island filled with naked women.... Now that is a good what if.

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

What If...

der PanzerPenguin visited Lazy-Army?

5. Za Rodinu

What do you mean? I've seen what-ifs making less sense than that one and surviving...

Say, anyone wants to invade Russia over the Caucasus? :D

6. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I've been deleting all the 'crap' WHAT IFs that have been created after Jan 1st, 2008, as per new rules section. At least, I am pretty sure I've caught each one. Can't do anything about reviving old threads (this one started 2007 I think) so...yeah.

Us Mods are busy behind the scenes.

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

May not be deleted but it can be closed. Now there's a thought.

8. Adolf Galland

Adolf Galland Member

Hello All
    I'm going to pick up on some points already made and a few of mine thrown in.
    Germany could not fight a 3 front war, Europe, Russia and Africa.
    If Germany never came to the aide of Italy so many times only stretching it's resources.
    Russia to late needed to attack early spring, have a logistics set up, including food, munitions,parts, clothing, they may not to have wintered the Russian hell that comes in October or there about.
    Russia in having murdered most of it's best generals downward were ripe for the taking. They were out dated in every way, and with the modern German Army, and Luftwaffe could have put Russia in a much different situation. But 1 winter too much killed the ability for Germany to do anything but withdraw and leave most everything behind giving Russia a almost Blitz back to Germany.

If Germany had stopped at France, Left Britain alone, and moved all those resources to the east it might be much different.Take the resources from Africa and what was not needed for what became D-Day and push the east and it gives a much different perspective on the campaign in the East.

Yes what if I'm Russian and my Grandfather him self said in the first year it was over, every day after put a nail in Germany's coffin.
    There is of course the Japan Issue but I believe it was known but a scapegoat for America too enter the war. The Awaken giant was the next nail.

Also added was I believe Hitler felt Spain would enter on the axis side, What If that was the case, what a difference it could have made.

Yes alto of What If! history can not be changed and we can debate it here, I for one say if the above were reality Europe and the rest of the world would have been very different.

It is IMHO how I see the "what if factor"

9. Za Rodinu

No, it killed most of its generals, it appears the ones surviving were good enough to beat the Axis.

What modern German Army? The one still relying in horses for all its transportation, bar a few motorised units streadily losing its captured vehicles due to lack of parts? Not so modern, was it?

So the East Front could be empty of Soviet soldiers, because all it took to kill Herrenvolks was a bit of snow, isn't it?

Sorry, exactly what IS your what-if Adolf? It isn't at all clear. And why don't you simply create a new thread to discuss that?

10. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

A Russian saying such things? :eek:

Blasphemy!

Oh and welcome!

11. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

"scapegoat"? In what way? They attacked the US. Afterwards Hilter DECLARED war on the US. Not the other way around. Another one of Hitler's mistakes.

12. Za Rodinu

Hey Falkey, what are you doing? Putting lowly facts in front of a perfectly good What-If?

13. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

[
    LOL Yeah silly me :p. I wonder "Who" knows they were a "scapegoat"? LOL

14. Adolf Galland

Adolf Galland Member

America was looking for a way too enter the war, can one really believe that the 4 aircraft carriers just happened to be out "alone" away from the Pacific fleet. That the attack was seen on radar nothing was done, besides the call that produced it was a flight of B-17's(.[8] President Franklin D. Roosevelt had earlier moved the Pacific Fleet to Hawaii and ordered a buildup in the Philippines, hoping to deter Japanese aggression in the Far East. The Japanese high command was (mistakenly)[9] certain an attack on the United Kingdom's colonies would bring the U.S. into the war.
    In October and early November, a few German battalions still
    fighting had brought all Red Army motor vehicles (except tanks) to a
    stop, and the Russian Quarter-master-General Khrulev, was forced to
    switch his troops to horses and carts. He was criticized by both his
    own troops and Stalin, but was granted permission to form 76 horse
    transport battalions. The problems caused by the transport shortage
    and weather were recognized by the Soviet High Command
    Then how did they get to 40km of Moscow and Stalingrad?, it was well know any threat to Stalin was eliminated, if Skiff and Cherishing, and Zukoff admitted that while equipment later on was not such a issue the training of the army was lacking.
    If that was the case -60 with the wind chill, record snow, that broke the German Army, The Russians trying to save Stalingrad even brought the Siberia a extremely well trained division to it's defense, up until then it guarded the border fearing a attack from Japan.
    Russia
    So the East Front could be empty of Soviet soldiers, because all it took to kill Herrenvolks was a bit of snow, isn't it?

RussiaJanuary 1, 1939June 22, 1941% increaseDivisions calculated131.5316.5140.7Personnel2,485,0005,774,000132.4Guns and mortars55,800117,600110.7Tanks21,10025,70021.8Aircraft7,70018,700142.8

Germany and AlliesRed ArmyRatioDivisions1661900.87 : 1Personnel4,306,8003,289,8511.3 : 1Guns and mortars42,60159,7870.7 : 1Tanks (incl assault guns)4,17115,6870.27 : 1Aircraft4,84610,7430.45 : 1

So I'm not sure where the German army on horses comes in, I remember Zukoff riding with a army towards the germans, I remember Panzers and the Waffen ss first thru Poland and then thru Russia.
    Sorry I can only remember one mention of Hitler, was with Spain, and since that is a "what if ! it goes with the topic" If I have another please do quote me, I would be happy too deffend or stand corrected.

I've done my best to voice my opinion, I think a little courtesay could have been used by member Za Rodinu, on other boards that would be a direct attack! something Russia could not defend.:)

And BTW I'm also 1/2 British so I guess I can say things from either perspective.

15. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Sorry, but this is a conspiracy theory that has no evidence backing it up. Others in this forum have tried to point this out in the past and didnt last long. Most if not all will disagree with you on this matter.

The Germans were in Stalingrad and not 40 miles away from it. The reason why the Germans did so well in the beginning was because they hit Russia at her most vulnerable state. The Red Army lacked everything that the German army did not and still managed to come out on top. ;)

The troops from Siberia came to the aid of Moscow not Stalingrad and so what? The Germans got help from 1 million of their allies.

By the way, the troops from Siberia had warm clothes, but lacked guns.

No..... The Germans suffered 1 million casualties on the Easter Front in the first 6 months. Care to take a guess as to how many were related to the cold?

Actually they galloped in with about 600,000 horses and rode in on about 3 thousand tanks. ;)

:rofl: and then somehow the incompetent Russians built 50,000 T-34's and rode through the Germans and their cavalry. :rofl:

Hufflepuff likes this.
  16. Za Rodinu

Please explain to me why this is not a complete waste of time?

17. Adolf Galland

Adolf Galland Member

I should have seperated Moscow and Stalingrad, so 40km from Moscow and in Stalingrad.

A very Anti German board, I guess the Aircraft carriers is like the 9-11 when Israely Massad agents were caught filming from a building roof top, why explosions were seen as the floors crumbled.
    Why two buildings with 10,000 each had about 3,000 why a intercept was not done, a missle fired from a F-? could catch a lumbering jet, and if scrambled at mach 2+ could on after burner close the distance in minutes, so why could at least one plane be downed?

This is to support my what if the Japanese attack was seen and was ignored as I posted above. Not a new post.

18. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

19. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Of course that could be another "What IF" in and of itself LOL.:p

20. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

This is ludicrous. Does everything have to be a conspiracy? Tell me, if the building you worked in was hit by a plane would you say “oh well, sh*t happens, back to work.” And keep going about your business. Of course not. The people left in the building where the one who couldn’t get out, or where attempting to help those who were stuck. Oh yes, rather than accept the fact that some people are evil and, want nothing better than to kill innocent people, want to attack the US, lets resort to conspiracy. Listen to the tapes of Cheney tell the FAA that if they don’t start telling planes to land he will shoot them down. Explosions when the tower collapsed? Tell me, where are the people who where at work and saw secret service agents placing demo charges in the building. I’ll tell you. They don’t exist because it didn’t happen!

Sorry guys, I know its OT but I had to respond.

Sloniksp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.