Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What is your familial country of origin?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Hufflepuff, Jan 25, 2009.

1. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Jason king of Wales i like it:cool: and it's WTID, WELSH TILL I DIE;) now then Urqh, would you like fish or seals for dinner:p

2. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

bethnal green,near st.judes protestant church,with the green gate pub on the corner.also hackney,they were blown up in the blitz,and moved down to wessex,so i am wessex.cheers.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

That name could be used as a middle name in future generations to keep it going.

Totenkopf likes this.
  4. Wolfy

Wolfy Ace

I wish my last name was "Spawn".

5. Xtrbacklash

Xtrbacklash Member

D:

anyways.

A few of my grandparents/great uncles were involved in WW2, and ironically were on both sides.

One great uncle married into my family, and was part of the Italian forces stationed near Sicily.

My dad's dad was a veteran of Operation Overlord, landing on the beaches just after they cleared the way at the head.

My mom's dad was a Chinese Nationalist, who managed to escape from the Communists to San Francisco.

6. sergeant pyle

sergeant pyle Member

mine were England, Scotland,Ireland,Germany,Israel,Italy,and American Indian

7. sergeant pyle

sergeant pyle Member

why

8. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Yes that is an idea, thank you.

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Alley Cat-mutts here.

Native American Injun (Cherokee Injun-aka one of the Civilized Injuns) Welsh, Scottish, NORWEGIAN, English and Oirish ;-))

We've had relations in every war since the French and Injun Wars-with the exception of anything after the Nam War.

Lessee now, The Revolutionary War we had a few-whose names I know not. We had some during the Frontier Wars-which helped establish the American West as we know it. At least one in the War w/ Mexico, many in the Civil War and on both sides-only one was a Yank ;-)) The most prominate of them being the famous drunk-of-an-Yankee-Army-Commander-and-future-President-U.S.-Grant, the more prominately known Reb was Col. Samuel Cooper--Confederate States Cavalry-who lost an arm thanks to a cannonball at the Battle of Shiloh-and who was also a Marshal of a famed Western town sometime after the Civil War.

Had 2 relations who fought and died at the Alamo-Robert Evans was one of them.

Had a few who served in that Yankee Army during the Indian Wars, one or so who served in the Spanish-American War, one in each of the following: the War w/ Haiti, the Philippine Expedition and-one who fought Pancho Villa (my Grandfather Folts) at least one in WWI (my Grandfather Ottar Andersen-who was also in WWII-served as a Doughboy in WWI-in order to get his American Citizenship) several in WWII including Ottars Son-Billy-who was a Navy Officer (I don't know much about his service) a few Uncles in WWII and Korea-starting w/ Uncle Herbert who fought the Japanese, Uncle Harold-im not sure where he served at? Uncle Bud--who was serving with the 101st Airborne Div from D-Day to Market Garden and through the Battle of the Bulge, my Father-WWII (in a B-17 as aBall-Turret Gunner (thanks to his short stature) then was in the USAFs Meteorological unit stationed in Korea. My favorite Cousin Bobby (named after the Gent who died at the Alamo-because the Alamo Gent was his Great-great-Great - Grandfather--I think? Anyway, Bobby served at least one tour in Nam. Other than that, I don't think any other member of our family has served since.

Oh, I forgot to mention that were also supposed to be related to Bonnie Prince Charlie, King Haakon VIIth, and Barbara Eden - not necessarily in order ;-))

10. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

My Dad's family were Scots-Irish: Cochrane and Curren from Scotland who went to Ireland, then starting in the 1700s to New York & North Carolina, then Quebec and points West in Canada. Dad also said his family ancestry had Loyalists who went to Canada during the American Revolution. I haven't confirmed it yet. His Mum's side were Logans from Scotland to Ontario in the mid to late 1800s.

My mother's family were multi-generational English - Londoners mostly West Hampstead, Edgeware, St. Pancras, Marlyebone, and some from Sussex. According to my aunt there was a great-grandmother who was an Irish Gypsy or was part Irish Gypsy. Also not certain if a family name of Rayson has root as "son of Ray" or if was from Huegenot "Raizin" - eventually I'll find records!

So, Canadian on my Dad's for a couple of centuries & post-WWII for my Mum, and her family basically English for generations.

11. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Carl i knew you were a swell guy and now you have confirmed it WELSH AND IRISH ANCESTRY:D as I am welsh born and raised till I fell from grace 9 years ago when I covertly crossed the border to England SSSSSH;) and my mums Dad was Irish:D

12. wilconqr

wilconqr Member

England, Ireland, and Switzerland...and then, the Confederate States of America.

13. J.A. Costigan

J.A. Costigan Member

Ireland, England, France, and Italy.

My Dad's side of the family emigrated from Ireland and England to Newfoundland, Canada. My Mom's side of the family emgirated from France to Quebec, Canada. Both sides eventually emigrated to Maine and spread out across the other New England States. Also on my Dad's side of the family my great Grandfather was Sicilian who moved to the US in the 1920's. Most of my closer family on both sides live in MA, RI, and NH, ME in the US. A few distant relatives still live in Newfoundland and Qubec in Canada.

Although unconfrimed I'm supposadly 1/36th Native America, that a Mohican married into my mother's side of the family in the mid-late 1800's.

14. tommy46

tommy46 recruit

Mothers were Scottosh...a highland clan from the lowlands...:confused:

Surely a contradiction in terms:D

15. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

both my grandparents on my moms side were 100 percent austrian
    Dads side my grandma was italian and austrian, and my grandfather was austrian

75 Austrian/25 Italian

16. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

100% British ;)

That works out as mainly English, though somewhere about 5 generations back there was a Kitty O'Brian from county Cork. There may also be a little German as we think my paternal great-great-grandmother was a German Jew.

17. RAM

RAM Member

100% Norwegian, all the way back to the vikings..:cool:

18. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I found out the other day that I'm likely to have some Viking genetic heritage waaay back, who knows RAM, we might be related ;)

19. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

Mostly German 99%,withe 1 % of Italian in me.

20. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Member

All four of my grandparents came to the States from Poland and I don't know of anything but Poles before them. My wife's grandparents all came from Poland also, so we've got another generation of Polish-Americans. Doubt this will keep up for much longer!