Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What's your Christmas activity?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by A-58, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I fired a Garand and a M1 Carbine yesterday. Hit a 6 inch target at 100 yds on the second shot with the Garand and most of the remaining rounds in that clip. I like both weapons.

We also were able to shoot a couple of weapons with that special "fun" setting that empties the magazine quickly with a single trigger pull.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

I'm a liberal and I'm not aghast. I just don't understand the fascination.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Ok. "The liberals won't understand the fascination!" Happy now?

I want one of those new AK-57s or whatever they're called. They're the ones that are chambered to shoot 12 gauge shotgun shells. They are Rooskie made, and currently banned from import. I still want one though. And a Judge too. Either that or the Governor.

4. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

My brother-in-law collects WWII period weapons. He has a good many other rifles and pistols from other combatants as well as some more recently produced weapons.

The other weapons we fired are owned by my cousin who has a need related to employment for "fun" weapons. He was home for Christmas. They are, uh, interesting to shoot, but I can't hit the broadside of a barn after about the 4th or 5th round, so I mostly fire three round bursts. They have better than average sights on them (as do my brother-in-law's) and we actually spend most of our time shooting singles at distant targets, calling hits with a spotting scope.

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I had a mate who was a gun dealer in Canberra...he had some very nice pieces...fired his M1 Carbine and instantly fell in love. A couple of burglars robbed the place, held his son captive for a few hours trying to get him to open the gun safe...the son, who went on to join special forces knew there was an AK under the bed so wasn't too worried...the police, who new what was inside took it VERY seriously!

It rained all through Chrstmas, its the wet season here so it was cool and dark, well 28C is cool here...Like Gordon, I got a rotten cold...took me off work for 2 weeks...2 week break I wasn't expecting...BONUS!

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I went to see the family and law on the 25th . Tried some goodies from the wine cellar and got some 12 year old Scotch whisky under the Christmas tree.

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Getting together with family and going to church for the Christmas program. Faith, Family, Freedom. If you've got them, you have what you need.

Oh, yeah. And Food. I guess you need that, too.

And Fast cars.

And Fully automatic rifles.

I think that's about it.

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Alrighty, let's dust this thing off and get it going again.

Went riding my motorbike earlier today, visiting and delivering presents and all. It was such a nice day, perfect for motorbiking. A good friend of mine who just got the word that he's dealing with the early stage of cancer called and wanted to get together at the local watering hole for a few Christmas beerses. He had just finished cooking and wrapping presents earlier. Beer thirty in other words. Of course I had to go and meet up with him for a few cool ones. Had about 4 or 5 beerses, and a bowl of gumbo to chase it down with. It was a nice evening, and I got home around 2100 and got going in the kitchen. Switched to red wine now.

Just finished cooking pastalaya and cream corn. Got the turkey seasoned and injected. It's in the fridge now. I'll get up around 0400 and stick it in the oven until 0700 or so when I get up. Then I'll load up and head up to Mom's house where the family will gather as usual. Got to remember to stop at the supermarket on the way (yes it's open) and pick up fresh baked loaves of garlic bread and also a few loaves of French bread. Ummmmmmm goooooooooood. Must remember to pick up the cranberry juice and fresh mint for the poinsettia punch. Hopefully my couzan will remember to bring the bottle of vodka to spike it with. Going to bring some stogies again so some of the couzans and I will burn a few on the back porch again. Dang, just remembered that I have to refill the zippo now. Now I just remembered to stop at the donut shop down the street and pick up the Christmas King Cake that I ordered yesterday. A man's work is never done.

So, what are y'all doing?

CAC likes this.
  9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

We’ve had a late wet season in Darwin...we hope for the clouds to cover the sky and the wind front to,push the heat off, then the rain to suck off the ground heat...hasn’t been happening...i tell everyone if it doesn’t rain on Christmas, then something is wrong...We had a stinking hot morning, everyone inside and AC pumping on full...a bit late, but at 3 the clouds rolled in the wind gusted massively, snapping some branches but blowing the heat out to sea...then the rain! Woohoo!
    PS
    Got an Akubra for Christmas! Thanks Santa!

10. Half Track

Half Track Active Member

I received a bottle of Johnny Walker Double Black scotch from my son. I will enjoy it in moderation in the coming weeks.

CAC likes this.