Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Who was this man?

Discussion in 'Atlantic Naval Conflict' started by Panzerknacker, May 1, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks for sharing your U-boote crews seite...good job !

E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

EXCELLENT article Herr K, and VERY welcome to these forums. Now I have someone who I can really relate to, on Kriegsmarine matters. :D I aslo stand corrected on a few of my statements about nazis in the Kriegsmarine. I do know from personal experiance and having met some 50 odd men who served in the Kriegsmarine--that they tried to keep with Navy traditions as much as possible.

According to Engineering Offizier Herrn Dietrich Hille (U 181 Officer) the salute was not practiced aboard this uboat nor used by any of the boats they were based with in Singapore. As you correctly stated--if a person tried to keep with nazi practices, they would be shunned till they "corrected" their behavior.

I did know that Luth had been in the party, but also knew that he had given up his number (I dont recall a date) and do know that he was the most beloved of U boat Kapitans, throuought the war along with the likes of Gunther Prien. I do think--according to Horst Bredow, that Luth is accepted as the Lothar von Arnauld de le Perrier, of ww2. I have to agree with his statement as from having met so many Kriegsmarine vets (most U boat vets) they feel the same.

I can only relate to what I know (as having been told to me by the vets themselves) but I do stand corrected on the things I wasnt aware of.

Herr K. this is what I live for and very glad that you bested me. :D I would be very interested in hearing from you on more than this on the Kriegsmarine. :D

Otto, if you read this, please post the photo of the Schnellboote Kapitan, Oberleutnant zur See Klaus Feldt for me will you? I think Herr K. might have some use for it.

PS, Herr K. Nice choice for an avatar. This is a pic that Hardegen signed for me in 1999. :D

3. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Yes, I am happy too that the Kriegsmarine is becoming stronger in this forum. Enough WSS and Luftwaffe! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Just kidding!)

I ask for apologies to all those who might feel offended by my comments. I know I seem like a nazi and perhaps I might be one, I don't know. I can just tell you that all this crazy ideas were in some case taught by my grandfather. I know about how was the life in the Third Reich and in the Weimar Republic for my grandfather and I kind of believe what he says, because I know he is an intelligent man. Even if I had never heard him to call Hitler, Hitler. He is always the Führer. I don't know. Ignore me. It's hard, even for me...

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

[​IMG] Offence taken for 10 seconds Friedrich ! ;) You know that Otto could posisbly open a forum just for the items you mentioned like the Kriegsmarine
    Waffen SS
    Luftwaffe

but you know perfectly well that others have other interests and it wouldn't be fair in the least, so we have to generalize and as these forums beome more popular and they are, it will be harder and harder to go back through the older threads without taking as much as five to ten minutes to do so. More Kriegsmarine posts are fine with me. And isn;t it interesting though how many sites dedicated to the U-boot arm ? The U-boat ring has many to choose from though some to me need to be removed as it appears that seeral have the notions of copying one another's material without consent given......shame ! :mad:
    Personally I would like to see more material on the weapons systems of the Kriegsmarine boats and schiffe's

E

5. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Yes, Erich. I know what you mean. I was just kidding. I love learning more about those things that I do not know plenty of like the Luftwaffe or the Waffen SS. But I love the idea that the forum gets more balanced and that the topics I know more about could be more discussed.