Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

World War Two Campaign

Discussion in 'PC and Console Simulations' started by TheRedBaron, May 20, 2003.

1. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Count me in on this

I just have three questions for you.

1. If Japan is involved will other asian countries be involved? For example could you play as the Philippines or will they come under US command?

2. If your country is conquered what happens? Are you out of the game? Can you choose to be a collabarator? Or can you continue the fight from abroad like the Free French?

3. Is this based on the Strategic command engine?

2. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I think the game does not have an engine, or rather I dont think the game does have an engine. It is not a 'simulation' as such, more like one of the old text adventure RPG's except you choose what to do.

As for the other questions, good point. What does a player do if he is conquored? Could he maybe play on in the role of a 'free' force, subordinate to an allied nation of his chooseing? Maybe this should be on the condition that he made adequate preparation to run away before being overrun in the first place.

3. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Players conquered will have the option to go into exile and run their goverment from there, or remain in country to continue resistance or even join the opposition. same as real life really.

If Japan becomes involved I think it would be advisable to introduce new players to control the far east possesions but under command of the national commander, plenty of oppourtunity for arguments then!!!

4. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

This sounds like it's shaping up to be quite a fun game. My question is how are battles going to be resolved?

5. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Another question. How long are the turns in the game? Will they all be on week turns? Or will the summer have one week turns, fall and spring two week turns, and winter having monthly turns a la Strategic Command?

6. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Gentlemen!

Your questions!!! :eek:
    Our faithful redbaron is busy enough as it is, and all of these questions will be answered in due time - mainly when the Rules get sent out to those who are playing. No need to worry yourselves about all that nitpicky stuff, the GM is the one who ends up doing most of the work in games like these. I've had personal experiance - as both a player and GM (DM or whatever you like to call it). In the meantime, relax, play Medal of Honor or Strategic Command. Or go out, get some fresh air (biking is lots of fun!). :cool:

7. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

Sorry about all the questions, I wouldn't want to worry you any more than you have to be. I agree with Mussolini biking is fun.

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

don't want to get to OT but yes biking rules ! and it's good for you to stay in top shape besides an excellent mode of transportaion and cheap as well. Love the air on the body and the view is 360 !

ok back to the topic..... ~E

9. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Try it in London, you get loads of exercise because of having to move the bike through the thick air and having to scoot away from muggers from time to time, at least in certain areas.

10. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

lol! i have to avoid deer and SUVs over here. Am going to london in about a week as i am spending the month of July biking from London to Rome. i am going to be in pretty good shape!

so i wont be able to partake in this game as i had planned, i doubt i will have much if any internet access when i am over there, but i could always play a small part and resume my duties once i return come Aug 3rd.

11. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Hi guys, been busy!

Tomorrow i will post up a new topic which will be a guide to the introduction packs, should give you all an idea which way my brain is going and give you an idea of how it will shape up.

I dont intend to give away much on how things will be resolved, but it will be down to you guys to supply the info too succeed.

Anyway hope that the stuff i post tomorrow will answer some questions.

Do not fear, D-Day approaches...

12. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Sounds great look forward to getting some questions answered!!

13. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I can't wait to see the information packs etc, it sounds very interesting, would you be able to stick a list of who will be participating so that we know if we are going to be involved?

14. reddog2k

reddog2k Member

I am really looking forward to it too can't wait.

15. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

Heh, wonder what country I'll get :D

CvM

16. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I just feel sorry for the poor bugger who gets Luxembourg. Imagine fighting a war in command of a railway station, its staff and one 'liddel tank' (as Leutnant Gruber might say)

17. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

I just feel sorry for the poor bugger who gets Luxembourg. Imagine fighting a war in command of a railway station, its staff and one 'liddel tank' (as Leutnant Gruber might say)

18. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

Luxembourg is not an country on this according to the list on page 1, but that would suck having to be them.

19. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Ok smart-alec, I know, I was just thinking it would be funny if they were included :D Just think, we could add smaller nations as the game goes on until we end up assigning someone 'Grand Duke of Tuva and king of Xyl'

20. Brad T.

Brad T. Member

lol, I guess I am a little slow, my bad.