Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Call of Duty 4

Discussion in 'Other WarGames' started by Joe, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Probably because of the Cold War era, and the fact that Russian Security isn't very good - all those ex-soviet-satellite-states with huge stockpiles of weapons and WMD...that sort of thing. I mean, Iraq had RUSSIAN Tanks and Firearms. Hmm...where could they have come from?

Not to mention, it wouldn't be feasible having a similar storyline set in Western Europe and theres really nothing of worth in Africa.

2. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Iraq bought them... and I think Africa has many conflicts worth watching. Why not make a game where you are a mercenary and try to take hold of the diamond traffic?

Cheers...

3. Mussolini

COD is about major warfare, not Merc action. There are already Mercenary games like that. And MERCS dont try to control the diamonds, they get paid for 'defending' them.

4. Soviet man

Soviet man Member

Why do u think Russian security is bad? American security is more bad than russian! Remember 11 september!
    P.S. Cod is good game with good gameplay!

5. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Yeah that was what I meant... by trying to control I meant shooting other mercs and trying to gain territory. Oh but you could have a CoD in Somalia or Darfur...

Cheers...

6. Mussolini

LMAO. Russian security is better then American? Explain how trains carrying Radioactive materials (illegally) move from Russia to the Satellite States (and then potentially on to terrorists). Or all those arm-stockpiles go 'missing' and appear in terrorist hands? And Hello Kosovo, all their 'terrorist' bombings. We also have no KGB running around, nor do we bomb our own people and make it appear to be terrorism.

I don't think comparing security measures in the countries is a fair argument, nor is it on topic.

7. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Sorry Mussolini, I think you have too much propaganda. I'm not agreing with Soviet man either but many things you state, you can't find evidence for it.
    Now, back on track, who as accomplished the last mission in very hard? oh and what's your favourite weapon? I just love the G3 in the game powerfull weapon in the game. It carries less ammo than an M4 but packs a whole new level of punch!

Cheers...

8. Mussolini

Not Kosovo...Chechnya. And, actually, I have read reports that the Russian Government was behind that Opera House Fiasco...which is why they used Gas that killed half the hostages and the 'rebels'. It stirred up a lot of 'home support' for further military actions against the Chechnya Rebels.

The incident involving the train was in the News sometime over the last few months - they apparently managed to stop this one before it got to its final destination, and was carrying some sort of radioactive materials that could be used in a WMD. It is illegal to transport such things by train.

Not to mention the well known fact that there are large weapons caches in a lot of these former-soviet States, left overs from the Cold War. I think the Ukraine is a good example of this.

9. Soviet man

Soviet man Member

I think that american security is not better than russian! Sorry if you don't like to hear this but I telling the true! In USA all people can buy weapon and I think this is very bad! How many times were killed students in american schools? ANd 11 september? How small group of terrorists can take airplanes (not one, not two, even not 3, they take 4 airpalnes! I think George Bush must go to prison for this!)
    Of course today's russian security is not good too! Remember Beslan and Nord-Ost! Where group of terrorist take the school and theatre! But this is not 11 september where died 10 000 men! Sorry if you don't like this but this is my opinion!

10. purljam

purljam Member

2700+ people died on 09-11. And comparing airline security to Nuke security is a little off. Your comments on 09-11 are a little offensive. Do some research please.

There are students who kill, yes. But there are also gun owning citizens who rightfully defend themselves and their homes. Those are the ones You don't hear about.

Anyway, back on topic. COD4 is a sweet game. Great graphics, fun game play, weapons are top notch. COD5 is being built on the same engine, so I'm pretty excited to see what it's like when it gets released. I love WWII games, so I'll be pre-ordering this one.

11. Soviet man

Soviet man Member

What's your favourite mission in COD4 ? My favourite mission is Chernobyl! (lol, in Chernobyl even now is dangerous to be there! Why game's british goverment sent soldiers to death? Even if they don't die they can seriosly damage health there!)

Do you know that in cod 5 will be the mission where you play for russians in BERLIN?

12. Joe

Joe Ace

The reason the two SAS troopers where sent to Pripyat was to kill Zakhaev, he was selling nuclear material to terrorists for God's sake.

I don't play the campaign much anymore, multiplayer = Awesomeness
    My favourite weapons are the G36, R700 and M14.

13. Mussolini

I play MP too. PanzerPenguin is my handle, and I am always on Bright House Networks(BHN) S&D Server...get good ping there though the server is located in Chicago. Depending on the Map, and how I play the map, I usually go with a Silenced Mini-Uzi, or a P90 w/ red Dot. Occasionally, I'll play Sniper....with RPGs. But, like I said, depends on the map. Also starting to use the MP44.

14. Joe

Joe Ace

I play on (SMART) Anarchy! mostly. Good ping you see.
    Depending on the map, I play sniper, M16 (Only if it's Bog), G36 or RPD. On shipment I use the P90.
    Another good thing to use on shipment, the martyrdom perk. Gets you TONS of kills.

15. Mussolini

BHN server is S&D with 2:30 rounds. No nades, noob tubes, airstrikes before 2:10 on the clock. No Marty perk either (its so gay). I wish they'd ban noob-tubes too, but alas, not yet. Makes for a cleaner game, and now spawn-nading right from the start. Lots of maps allow noob-tubers to kill half opposing team in first 3 seconds.

16. Joe

Joe Ace

Why ban "noob-tubes"? Takes half the fun out of the game. If there going to ban that they might as well ban sniper headshots too.

17. Mussolini

noob-tubes are cheap. Take no skill what so ever. Especially when used in close range. too many people go around with them armed. lots of TK's that way too. Sniping takes skill - esp headshots. No noobs snipe...plenty tube (hence the name...and the fact it takes no skill).

18. Joe

Joe Ace

So should shotguns be banned too?
    At close range they are one hit kills and very easy to use.

19. Mussolini

You not listening? I'm not complaining about one-shot-one-kills. You can still miss with the shotguns, and most killing is done at medium range. Noob-Tubes, as they are universally called, are cheap. Need no accuracy. Don't even need to see who you are shooting (re: hitting enemy spawn). None of the really good players i've seen use them either.

20. purljam

purljam Member

I agree with you Mussolini, no seasoned or good players use the noob tubes. They're too cheap and take the challenge out of getting a kill. There are some damn talented snipers out there though.

I use the shotty from time to time, and yes I have missed or just wounded the target, and have in turn been killed.

Martyr and noob tubes are ways to get cheap kills. I use the Last Stand perk, but you actually have to aim the pistol and get a kill before you die.

My fave weapons are the M4, M14, and .50 Desert Eagle and the claymores. I usually play on BioHazard's S&D server, under the name AR|Skull Barber.