Found by pure chance at a local flea market: These are two pieces of artwork of an U-Boot (U-123) . The story of the U-123 is quite unbelievable. It was commanded by Reinhardt Hardegen and sunk a record number of ships including in New-York Harbor. It was disarmed in Lorient in 1944 and captured by the Americans in May 1945 who handed it over to the French . The French repaired it and used it with its original name from 1945 to 1947. In 1947 it was renamed Blaison (as a tribute to the Commander of the Surcouf). The first piece of art is a souvenir Made in Lorient during the war and left as the U-123 with a French flag replacing the swastika. It was probably made in 1945 by the same company who made kriegsmarine souvenirs. Quite similar souvernirs are to be found in the Heimdal kreigsmarine book and at the la Rochelle Bunker Museum. The second piece is a embroidery made in 1945 for a sailor called Bernard Vignot who served on the U-123 immediately when it was refitted . Vignot was a padre .